March 28, 2024, 02:53:55 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Vidya Game Edition

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 26, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Snowy on January 04, 2019, 06:41:15 PMi didn't like either of them tbh

i really just wanted something like melee's adventure mode
same i dont need a story. half the fun of melee for me was making up my own story

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy on January 04, 2019, 06:41:15 PMi didn't like either of them tbh

i really just wanted something like melee's adventure mode

this. i didn't like subspace, and i didn't really like world of light either. they're both just boring slogs.

personally, if it were me in charge, i'd try something that's sort of a mix of melee's adventure mode and smash ultimate's classic mode. character-unique adventures that are neither too long nor too short.

Samus Aran

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on January 04, 2019, 07:08:45 PMPlatforming just doesn't work quite right with smash.

imo, "platforming" is not the actual problem with subspace. the actual problem is that most of subspace is simply running from the left to the right in boring, unimaginative, copy-pasted stages past a ton of boring, unimaginative, copy-pasted enemies.

in a game like smash bros., there's no real way to "standardize" the construction of a level. because every character you can play as is completely different. so as a result you get this boring generic stuff that just sort of fits every character.

so i really think character-specific adventures and challenges is the way to go. which smash ultimate does with its classic mode. and honestly? its classic mode is great. but!! the same ideas could be applied to a full adventure.

AAAAAAAA

TooB

Quote from: Samus Aran on January 04, 2019, 11:41:13 PM
Quote from: SloppyJimbo on January 04, 2019, 07:08:45 PMPlatforming just doesn't work quite right with smash.

imo, "platforming" is not the actual problem with subspace. the actual problem is that most of subspace is simply running from the left to the right in boring, unimaginative, copy-pasted stages past a ton of boring, unimaginative, copy-pasted enemies.

in a game like smash bros., there's no real way to "standardize" the construction of a level. because every character you can play as is completely different. so as a result you get this boring generic stuff that just sort of fits every character.

so i really think character-specific adventures and challenges is the way to go. which smash ultimate does with its classic mode. and honestly? its classic mode is great. but!! the same ideas could be applied to a full adventure.

and for as bloated as WoL is, this character specific adventure mode thing doesn't really seem to be asking a whole lot

Samus Aran

Quote from: TooB on January 04, 2019, 11:45:21 PMand for as bloated as WoL is, this character specific adventure mode thing doesn't really seem to be asking a whole lot

for real. by the time i got to the dark world i was already annoyed that i was still playing. and then there was even more after the dark world. go figure.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Nyerp on January 04, 2019, 05:49:25 PMsubspace emissary >>>>>>>>>>> world of light. fuck the haters
I think most people would agree

TooB

I really don't find that so. Hazards and items are what make the game what it is. Fun.

It's why like playing on Big Blue so much lol

ClassicTyler

Unpopular opinion:
One shouldn't play Smash for the single player mode.

Thyme

Quote from: ClassicTyler on January 06, 2019, 03:41:14 PMUnpopular opinion:

so far i've played it exclusively for the single player modes lol

ClassicTyler

Quote from: Thimelidoo on January 06, 2019, 04:56:35 PM
Quote from: ClassicTyler on January 06, 2019, 03:41:14 PMUnpopular opinion:

so far i've played it exclusively for the single player modes lol
But you don't play games online

ME##

Smash is a fun party game but Soulcalibur VI is where it's at

YPrrrr

Soul Calibur VI does look amazing but idk if I can justify it when I already have Smash, MK, SF, and Injustice 2

TooB

Quote from: David on February 02, 2019, 02:37:33 PMSmash is a fun party game but Soulcalibur VI is where it's at

Play it with me

Mando Pandango

Quote from: YPrrrr on February 02, 2019, 05:10:57 PMSoul Calibur VI does look amazing but idk if I can justify it when I already have Smash, MK, SF, and Injustice 2
I've been playing Injustice 2 recently.

If I had the time I think I'd like getting really into a fighting game right now
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up