March 28, 2024, 11:36:07 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Vidya Game Edition

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 26, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 26, 2017, 12:52:15 PM
honestly, it sounds like you (and everyone else) have open-world fatigue lol
everyone should.

I'm kinda sick of open world too.
(Aside from Yakuza, which I don't really count since its not very big at all)

Nyerp

idk if this is unpopular but the enjoyability and general quality of every mega man game i've played (1-3) drops considerably once you beat all the robot masters

the sudden prominence of parts that require special items/rush items turns the game's focus from tight jumping and shooting to shitty resource managing. if there's guaranteed weapon power drops in a level and you fuck up after picking them up, then you might as well repeatedly kill yourself to start the section over and get those drops back. it's not fun. also, the wily castle bosses are usually very forgettable or poorly designed.

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on August 26, 2017, 08:04:27 PM
idk if this is unpopular but the enjoyability and general quality of every mega man game i've played (1-3) drops considerably once you beat all the robot masters

the sudden prominence of parts that require special items/rush items turns the game's focus from tight jumping and shooting to shitty resource managing. if there's guaranteed weapon power drops in a level and you fuck up after picking them up, then you might as well repeatedly kill yourself to start the section over and get those drops back. it's not fun. also, the wily castle bosses are usually very forgettable or poorly designed.
I'd say that IS generally an unpopular opinion, but I see what you mean.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

wawi

Quote from: Nyerp on August 25, 2017, 09:01:10 PM
the witcher 3 may have decent writing but that doesn't save the game from being more boring follow-dotted-lines-and-inspect-map-icons tripe. i'm so fucking sick of this type of game and it baffles me that it and all of its clones still get glowing reviews.

i liked the game but it is really overrated. best part was the writing

Thyme

is breath of the wild the metal gear solid V of zelda?

TooB

Quote from: Dream Dood: A Dood Dating Simulator on September 03, 2017, 02:51:49 PM
is breath of the wild the metal gear solid V of zelda?
not fully, but kinda, if you ask me

Except metal gear kinda lives and dies by its story.
Zelda stories have never been the strongest focus.

silvertone

i played melee the other day and had 0% fun. i think ive been spoiled by the rosters and new movesets that it feels like the game is missing something. the only thing superior is that it doesnt have a ton of moving stages

wawi

Quote from: SVT on September 04, 2017, 07:26:49 AM
i played melee the other day and had 0% fun. i think ive been spoiled by the rosters and new movesets that it feels like the game is missing something. the only thing superior is that it doesnt have a ton of moving stages

I thought u can make any stage non moving in the new super smash

silvertone

yeah it just turns the stage into final destination.

TooB

Moving stages are far more  fun than stationary stages.

Related, Big Blue is the best stage they ever made.

Samus Aran

September 04, 2017, 01:15:23 PM #312 Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:22:11 PM by Nico Yazawa
i still prefer melee over brawl but i prefer 4 over both

and i have a special love for smash 64 for being its own, broken beast. the damage percentage boost is so broken. 200% damage, 4 kirbies, bumpers only, mario stage

TooB

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on September 04, 2017, 01:15:23 PM
i still prefer melee over brawl but i prefer 4 over both

and i have a special love for smash 64 for being its own, broken beast. the damage percentage boost is so broken. 4 kirbies, bumpers only, mario stage
oh god lol

Kalahari Inkantation

i genuinely don't understand what people don't like about demon's souls' ending sequence

Go Up