April 18, 2024, 05:01:34 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Vidya Game Edition

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 26, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on August 18, 2017, 03:13:28 PMOn a related note, it's surprising to me that there isn't any clear influence of Zelda in Elder Scrolls. befuddlement

i don't remember posting this either

and i cannot believe nobody disputed it lol

I mean, it is factually correct, to be sure.

but it would be so easy to challenge lol

Nyerp

oh i think i was playing the witcher 3 around that time. yeah the strength of that game is story content/graphics/vibes, the open world is just kind of there lol. i do really like witcher 3 tho

Kalahari Inkantation

i was gonna say lol

Quote from: Nyerp on August 25, 2017, 09:01:10 PMthe witcher 3 may have decent writing but that doesn't save the game from being more boring follow-dotted-lines-and-inspect-map-icons tripe. i'm so fucking sick of this type of game and it baffles me that it and all of its clones still get glowing reviews.

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on August 26, 2017, 12:52:15 PMhonestly, it sounds like you (and everyone else) have open-world fatigue lol

Nyerp

playing the dlc later on elevated my opinion of it i think. along with red dead redemption 2 being the most boring open world game ever, which made witcher shine in comparison lmao

too bad i don't trust cdpr with anything after cyberpunk 2077 tho awdood;

here's an unpopular opinion: they could release a dozen more studio trigger anime adaptations and cp2077 will still never be anything but mediocre

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on August 26, 2017, 08:04:27 PMidk if this is unpopular but the enjoyability and general quality of every mega man game i've played (1-3) drops considerably once you beat all the robot masters

the sudden prominence of parts that require special items/rush items turns the game's focus from tight jumping and shooting to shitty resource managing. if there's guaranteed weapon power drops in a level and you fuck up after picking them up, then you might as well repeatedly kill yourself to start the section over and get those drops back. it's not fun. also, the wily castle bosses are usually very forgettable or poorly designed.

.............yeah i agree actually

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

Unpopular opinion:

The Wii Remote + Nunchuck is the best Smash controller by far.

(RIP :'()

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

December 06, 2022, 11:57:52 PM #443 Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 01:22:55 PM by Majorana's Incantation
CONTROVERSIAL OPINION:

Cohen's """Masterpiece""":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlu2z2gkhhI

is no more than decent, I'm afraid.

His is a highly derivative work, in my utmost humble of opinions.

Thyme

i just thought of a good one

baby park is fun

if you don't like baby park you don't like fun

Mando Pandango

all my homies love baby park

grumble volcano is my favorite
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

i thought everyone liked baby park

guess i just only kart with the right people

Kalahari Inkantation

i mean, i like mk8's babby park lol

the other versions i've never been such a huge fan of

and even mk8's is in the lower tier of tracks relatively speaking lol

Kalahari Inkantation

my FAVORITE though is def. mount wario

it might be my favorite in the entire series lol

Kalahari Inkantation

Also,

Quote from: Nyerp on December 04, 2022, 02:21:30 AMalong with red dead redemption 2 being the most boring open world game ever

I hate that I can't disagree with this. smithicide;

Go Up