March 28, 2024, 01:51:06 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Vidya Game Edition

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 26, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

i should really get back into dbfz again i was actually getting pretty decent

YPrrrr

Quote from: Mando Pandango on February 02, 2019, 09:30:17 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on February 02, 2019, 05:10:57 PMSoul Calibur VI does look amazing but idk if I can justify it when I already have Smash, MK, SF, and Injustice 2
I've been playing Injustice 2 recently.

If I had the time I think I'd like getting really into a fighting game right now
Injustice is fun as hell yea that ate up a solid 4 months for me. Hell I'd even let the AI rank my characters and get gear while I played a pc game or something

ME##

Nyerp

yakuza 0 and kiwami have terrible combat

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: Nyerp on July 20, 2019, 12:13:27 AMyakuza 0 and kiwami have terrible combat

Yeah. I'm very slowly playing Yakuza 0, and even very early on it feels repetitive.

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on July 20, 2019, 12:13:27 AMyakuza 0 and kiwami have terrible combat

Definitely unpopular, and wrong

Nyerp

wow u mash square and then press triangle to activate a cutscene
wow u mash square but the enemy has decided to start blocking in the middle of your combo and you can't do anything
wow it's a boss fight who has shitloads of health and blocks or dodges all of your attacks so you have to just brute force it with healing items

literally the only satisfying thing is mowing through a group of thugs with beast style

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on July 20, 2019, 11:37:16 AMwow u mash square and then press triangle to activate a cutscene
wow u mash square but the enemy has decided to start blocking in the middle of your combo and you can't do anything
wow it's a boss fight who has shitloads of health and blocks or dodges all of your attacks so you have to just brute force it with healing items

literally the only satisfying thing is mowing through a group of thugs with beast style

hocuspocus;

ClassicTyler

After playing the Dragon Quest Builders series games, I can never go back to Minecraft because Minecraft will feel empty and have absolutely no character.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on July 20, 2019, 11:37:16 AMwow u mash square and then press triangle to activate a cutscene

i don't entirely disagree, it IS very repetitive and i wish there was more variance in heat actions

but you can definitely mix it up a lot more than you're describing. sometimes switching between styles on the fly is actually a lot more effective than staying in one. and you also didn't mention weapons at all which have their own movesets and heat actions and actually make bosses way easier.

but yeah, combat in brawler games is always pretty repetitive for sure

TooB

Now I kind of want a Yakuza arcade-style beat em up

Kalahari Inkantation

December 03, 2022, 09:09:38 PM #431 Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 09:18:02 PM by Majorana's Incantation
Chad-tier opinions:

Quote from: Nyerp on January 04, 2019, 05:49:25 PMsubspace emissary >>>>>>>>>>> world of light. fuck the haters

Quote from: Nyerp on January 04, 2019, 08:19:40 PMsmash works far better with platforming than it does with rpg/gacha bullshit

wholeheartedly agreed, nyerp

world of light is nigh unplayable

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Samus Aran on January 04, 2019, 11:41:13 PMin a game like smash bros., there's no real way to "standardize" the construction of a level. because every character you can play as is completely different. so as a result you get this boring generic stuff that just sort of fits every character.

This is a h*cka good analysis. srs

srsly kaz, why don't you review video games again :|

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on August 25, 2017, 09:36:08 PMobjective markers is a game "mechanic" that was born out of sheer lack of creativity and its usage is usually a good indicator that the devs didn't give a fuck about designing an interesting world

HOT TAKE:

I may be doomed without objective markers.

And I agree.

Nyerp

i dont even remember posting that

what was i even mad at there, i barely play games with objective markers anyway

Go Up