March 28, 2024, 10:12:37 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Vidya Game Edition

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 26, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

crossposting:

Quote from: Detective Spatchcock on August 16, 2018, 03:35:36 PMthis is a quick Link Between Worlds review go read it click here

I ended up liking it quite a bit
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Nyerp on August 16, 2018, 10:08:06 AM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 16, 2018, 05:48:15 AM
Quote from: Nyerp on August 15, 2018, 07:01:32 PMhere's an unpopular opinion: i really don't like alttp's artstyle. like, at all.

now that's a hot take

What don't you like about it? What's an example of a 2D game (Zelda or otherwise) whose art style you do like? befuddlement
idk i just think the characters all look weird and the background elements look too blocky. the game boy games and minish cap look way better imo
agreed, but I still like ALttP's aesthetic. I just really love the GB/GBA Zelda aesthetic a lot.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on August 16, 2018, 10:08:06 AMthe game boy games and minish cap look way better imo

there's no disagreeing with this, minish cap is easily the best looking 2d zelda lol

i guess it's just surprising that anyone would have any particular issues with alttp's graphics even if other games look better

Hiro

Gaming was best when I was most invested in it

Kalahari Inkantation

hot take: brawl's rendition of stickerbrush symphony is just unarguably superior to the original by any metric aside from nostalgia, lol

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGTpNjkqst4[/youtube]

Nyerp

Mando Pandango

Yeah no.

The guitar fucking ruins it the second it enters and the song never recovers

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

the guitar is actually cool but i agree that its not the definitive version

TooB

Does anybody prefer the Returns version of stickerbrush?

Tropical freeze specifically?

Nyerp

subspace emissary >>>>>>>>>>> world of light. fuck the haters

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on January 04, 2019, 05:49:25 PMsubspace emissary >>>>>>>>>>> world of light. fuck the haters

I actually thought the same thing

AAAAAAAA

Nah, World of Light is better than Subspace. Platforming just doesn't work quite right with smash.

Smash Run was pretty cool though.

TooB

Subspace is pretty much a beefed up adventure mode.

At least. I always saw it as such

Nyerp

smash works far better with platforming than it does with rpg/gacha bullshit

TooB

Besides, you're platforming nearly the entire time while fighting anyway, unless you only play on boring FD stages.

Go Up