April 18, 2024, 04:38:57 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unpopular Opinions: Vidya Game Edition

Started by Commander Fuckass, June 26, 2014, 07:55:17 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 18, 2017, 08:53:23 PM
now that's bold O_0

Why? y/n
the big reason, which I am pretty sure you don't agree with, is the story. Besides me thinking its better, I really think the presentation adds a lot to it. The movement of the characters as they talk, and many interesting scenes in general.

The gameplay itself I feel is better. The dungeons are better (mostly).

The good music tracks stand out more to me than in ocarina.

Hiro

but tp is just an oot fanfiction game
really the only thing better about twilight princess is the combat

TooB

August 20, 2017, 08:19:41 AM #288 Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 08:27:30 AM by Big Goop
Quote from: ƕɾο on August 20, 2017, 01:30:21 AM
but tp is just an oot fanfiction game
really the only thing better about twilight princess is the combat
and, in my unpopular opinion, almost everything else.
Tpwas a better OoT

don't let's

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 07, 2017, 02:15:52 PM
[spoiler]

midna is an okay-at-best zelda companion

and almost everything about her is low-hanging-fruit normiebait[/spoiler]
oh, this is where that thread sprang from.

don't let's

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 07, 2017, 04:23:10 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on July 07, 2017, 02:27:57 PM
[spoiler]

better than fi, better than tatl, better than navi.....

What other companions are there? I guess she's not better than red lions....

tatl >> navi >> midna >>>> fi

midna is rude and domineering from the very moment she forcefully imposes herself into your life, using you as a mere vector to effect her own goals for like the entire first half of the game

and then [glow=black,2,300]she gets ill and aww all of a sudden i'm supposed to be endeared by her plight[/glow] saddood;

no, i don't quite forgive or forget that easily akudood;

[spoiler=oh, and then there's this entire cringe-inducingly cheesy scene]

literally WHO gave this IMP permission to touch my face

i'm only going with you because i've been broken into being your steed akudood;
[/spoiler]

i was also going to complain about [glow=black,2,300]post-transformation midna, but having just rewatched all of the princess midna endgame scenes, they're not quite as bad as i remembered[/glow]
yeah, because she's a princess

don't let's

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on July 07, 2017, 05:00:44 PM
and the reason i prefer tatl to midna is because, despite their superficially similar personalities, she's actually exactly the opposite of midna lol

tatl wants nothing to do with you except to taunt and thieve along with her worthless brother and the skull kid, so she acts as an active accomplice as you're knocked the fuck; out, robbed of your dearest belongings and turned into a wooden newt

and in the process of forcefully preventing you from pursuing the skull kid, she ends up getting separated from her partners in crime

and they don't even care lmfao

they don't wait a single second for her to catch up, and by the time you get through the door a minute later they're nowhere to be seen

her own worthless brother would rather follow the skull kid like a dog on a short leash than waste even a minute on reuniting with tatl

and now she's stuck with you, desperately begging for your forgiveness because she has no choice but to submit if she wants any help cuddledoods;

and as it dawns on her that she will be stuck with you for longer and then even longer than anticipated, she gradually softens to you throughout the game

in tp's case, you are broken into being midna's servant over the course of the game, and she treats you like a mere pet throughout

in mm, tatl is broken into being your servant over the course of the game, and she becomes your pet dog on a short leash

just as she deserves for introducing herself to you with assault giggle; giggle;
sounds like tatl was just getting what was coming to her

Kalahari Inkantation

August 21, 2017, 07:13:00 PM #292 Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:29:59 PM by Majorana's Mask
Quote from: donʼt letʼs on August 20, 2017, 11:20:55 AM
[spoiler]

oh, this is where that thread sprang from.

thread budding is fun and ought to be encouraged imho

Quote from: donʼt letʼs on August 20, 2017, 11:32:27 AM
yeah, because she's a princess

aren't princesses supposed to be polite and courteous by default

midna is all spunk and no substance

[spoiler]

and the only reason anybody likes her is because they want to add their own spunk[/spoiler]

Quote from: donʼt letʼs on August 20, 2017, 11:33:43 AMsounds like tatl was just getting what was coming to her

She does, and then she redeems herself for her transgressions. That's what ultimately makes her a likable, well-written character who demonstrates growth. giggle;

TooB

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 21, 2017, 07:13:00 PM

She does, and then she redeems herself for her transgressions. That's what ultimately makes her a likable, well-written character who demonstrated growth. giggle;
midna

don't let's

August 21, 2017, 07:25:03 PM #294 Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:30:48 PM by don?t let?s
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 21, 2017, 07:13:00 PM

are they?

But also she was displaced and lost her home and position and had herself transformed into an imp or something.

TooB

Quote from: donʼt letʼs on August 21, 2017, 07:25:03 PM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on August 21, 2017, 07:13:00 PM]

are they?

But also she was displaced and lost her home and position and had herself transformed into an imp or something.
this, and then when she was with link and zelda, after zelda helped her, she realized she was being jerkish, and had a change of heart. Character growth

TooB

Super C is better than original Contra.

Nyerp

the witcher 3 may have decent writing but that doesn't save the game from being more boring follow-dotted-lines-and-inspect-map-icons tripe. i'm so fucking sick of this type of game and it baffles me that it and all of its clones still get glowing reviews.

Nyerp

objective markers is a game "mechanic" that was born out of sheer lack of creativity and its usage is usually a good indicator that the devs didn't give a fuck about designing an interesting world

Kalahari Inkantation

honestly, it sounds like you (and everyone else) have open-world fatigue lol

Go Up