October 02, 2024, 01:25:03 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Bomb explodes; homeowner escapes injury

Started by Sports1, June 12, 2007, 07:14:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sports1

A man escaped injury after removing a plastic bottle bomb from his mailbox, police say.

Sgt. Jeff Skuza said the man saw someone putting something in his mailbox late Monday night and went to see what it was. The bottle exploded after the homeowner grabbed it and threw it on the ground, Skuza said.

It is the third or fourth case of homemade bombs being placed in mailboxes in *****  in recent weeks, Skuza said. Police are trying to determine whether the incidents are connected.

"The mechanism inside usually varies a little bit. Usually people are able to go online, or there also are certain recipes that circulate through schools and other organizations for different chemicals that can be mixed inside a plastic bottle," Skuza said.

The chemicals create a gas that causes the bottle to explode, he said.

"It's basically like popping a giant balloon," Skuza said, "But it has a fairly explosive quality to it, and it can blow a mailbox apart, and that's where they most commonly put them, in mailboxes."

In South Dakota, authorities in Aberdeen are investigating reports of explosive devices found in two mailboxes. One was discovered by a mail carrier Saturday. No one was hurt in either incident.

***** means it happend close to my town, I will not put put the town in, also I can't give you the link or it will show where I live.

Riosan

Don't tell me that so close to when I go to bed.

Buffy

I could easily copy the into the search bar and find out what town you're talking about.

Sports1

Quote from: Buffy on June 12, 2007, 07:16:57 PM
I could easily copy the into the search bar and find out what town you're talking about.

Okay....

Tomboh

Buffy

Quote from: Tomboh on June 12, 2007, 07:18:27 PM
Fargo, ND.

olololo
I knew that too, but I was nice enough not to post it.  flower;

Tomboh

Quote from: Buffy on June 12, 2007, 07:18:50 PM
Fargo, ND.

olololo
You told people how to get it, which is basicly telling them what it is.

Sports1

Buffy

Quote from: Tomboh on June 12, 2007, 07:19:33 PM
Quote from: Buffy on June 12, 2007, 07:18:50 PM
Fargo, ND.

olololo
You told people how to get it, which is basicly telling them what it is.
So? I didn't post it.  navi;

InbredPsychosis

TAKE UR MEDICINE

Go Up