April 24, 2024, 05:46:35 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Built my own PC yaaay (pics soon)

Started by Cosmic Ada, May 14, 2014, 07:00:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Cosmic Ada

May 14, 2014, 07:00:27 AM Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:02:30 AM by Super
After many years of only owning pure bullshit PCs/laptops, I decided to quit my dreams and relocate to a cardboard-based household to fund a computer that doesn't make me feel like life isn't worth living.

I decided to take the more difficult/less lazy route and build my own. Being that this was my first building experience, I was scared as frick frack about everything, so I did a vast amount of research (and coupon-whoring). Shit gets expensive quick, haha. During the course of construction, I ran into very few problems, and I'm really happy that my investment not only awesome, but a learning experience.

Here is some information/specs about my 'puter.

Name of computer: Astragar the Omnipotent (not really)
Cost: I'd say around $1200. Something like that

The guts
-Intel i5 4670k
-Nvidia GTX 770 2GB
-Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1866mhz
-MSI Z87-G45 gaming motherboard
-WD Blue 1 TB HDD
-Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD
-Corsair 800 watt PSU, modular, gold-certified (can't remember the model off the top of my head)
-Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler
-Windows 8.1 Pro
-Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX mid-tower computer case

Peripherals/Extras
-ASUS 1080p/60hz monitor
-Some Wi-Fi adapter
-ASUS Bluetooth 4.0 receiver
-Razer Deathadder 2013 gaming mouse (already had it from before)
-Some cheap HP keyboard
-ASUS DVD drive
-Lots of fans
-Wired 360 controller

I'm pleased with my PC very much so far. I can play most games on max settings with ease (which is totally unbelievable to me still). There are little things I'd like to get (like a blu-ray drive for instance, maybe the super amazing fancy case I couldn't afford), but already I have pretty much everything I need. If games down the line become too demanding, I can SLI (or Crossfire).

Comments, criticism on build choices, etc are welcome.

snoorkel

Nice 1. looks awesome to me <3 only thing I would upgrade if it was my PC would be the RAM, so i can leave thousands of tabs open muahahah

Cosmic Ada

Quote from: infinite luxury on May 14, 2014, 01:45:27 PM
Nice 1. looks awesome to me <3 only thing I would upgrade if it was my PC would be the RAM, so i can leave thousands of tabs open muahahah
I can always throw more RAM in if needed. I considered getting 16GB from the start but I don't really need it at this time. I wanted to focus more on the GPU, which is really nice.

I am the type to leave millions of tabs open though. Maybe a RAM upgrade should be in the pipeline.  bassir;

snoorkel

Go Up