March 28, 2024, 04:02:27 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

list the entries in any series from best to worst

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 12, 2014, 03:28:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: ā€¦ on May 12, 2014, 10:08:09 PM
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on May 12, 2014, 09:46:22 PM
oracle of seasons
oracle of ages

I can't take anything you say seriously anymore for forever for this travesty

????????

Hands down the best games in the whole series. I must have played through them like six or seven times each as a kid.
Plus, the ability to link both games via password after completing one was really rad.

don't let's

YPrrrr

If favorite games are defined by those you play to completion then I'd have to say Minish Cap was the best Zelda everrrrrr

bluaki

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on May 12, 2014, 09:39:59 PM
super mario galaxy 2
super mario galaxy
mario and luigi pit
mario and luigi bis
kaz's ass
shit
super paper mario

now that i think about it, super paper mario is quite possibly the worst game i have ever played.
Really? No matter how I look at it, Super Paper Mario can't be that bad, unless you have never played any seriously bad games.

Although it's really not much of a Paper Mario game, I enjoyed it. I can see why people who played other Paper Mario games would dislike it, but I don't get how it can be called the worst game anybody has ever played.

In the Paper Mario series alone, I think Sticker Star is surely worse than Super Paper Mario.

Why is Bowser's Inside Story in particular so low on your list? I've never seen it described as worse than Partners in Time before. I'd say I think it might even be a little better than Superstar Saga.

ncba93ivyase

i never played sticker star

super paper mario is awful because it tries to be a platformer and an rpg and it's a terrible attempt at both. the pacing is too obscenely slow to make the platforming aspect bearable, and the writing is so damn bad and unfunny that there's simply no appeal to the game at all. it just drags on and on and on and the only thing that keeps it going is a couple shitty "jokes" and references to the first smb

super star saga was a great game. you're given a wide array of moves and abilities.

partners in time guts all of these and dumbs it down by giving you just items for special attacks. i at least managed to finish it

bis does the same shit except i got 1/3 through and realized i wasn't having fun and just stopped. the levels were somehow even less interesting than pit's

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

2d zelda:

oracle of ages
oracle of seasons
a link to the past (w/ four swords)
minish cap/link's awakening dx (interchangeable)
four swords adventures
zelda 2
zelda 1

3d zelda:

majora's mask
wind waker
ocarina of time
skyward sword
spirit tracks
twilight princess
shit
phantom hourASS

n/a: a link between worlds

zelda in general:

oracle of ages
oracle of seasons
a link to the past (w/ four swords)
majora's mask
wind waker
minish cap/link's awakening dx (interchangeable)
ocarina of time
skyward sword
spirit tracks
twilight princess
four swords adventures
zelda 2
zelda 1
phantom hourglass

zelda developers:

capcom
nintendo[/spoiler]

though i probably rearrange these rankings every day lol

Classic

Skyward Sword was so awful I forgot to list it. sillydood;

strongbad

May 13, 2014, 12:30:18 PM #67 Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:56:14 PM by udderfailure
melee
project m
ssb64

brawl

strongbad

Kalahari Inkantation

silvertone

TooB

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on May 12, 2014, 09:43:23 PM
metroid prime
metroid fusion
super metroid
metroid prime 2
metroid zero mission
^^^ all basically equally good

metroid 2
metroid prime pinball
other m
metroid
metroid prime hunters
other m over metroid?

strongbad

Quote from: cybermancer on May 13, 2014, 12:41:10 PM
Quote from: udderfailure on May 13, 2014, 12:30:42 PM
halo 3
halo 2
halo 1
all others
are you fucking stupid or something

for what it did, halo 2 was was pretty remarkable at the time, but compared to 3, it was not even close
3 perfected the gameplay and multiplayer that 2 had started and added sooooooo much more

silvertone

Quote from: udderfailure on May 13, 2014, 12:57:09 PM
Quote from: cybermancer on May 13, 2014, 12:41:10 PM
Quote from: udderfailure on May 13, 2014, 12:30:42 PM
halo 3
halo 2
halo 1
all others
are you fucking stupid or something

for what it did, halo 2 was was pretty remarkable at the time, but compared to 3, it was not even close
3 perfected the gameplay and multiplayer that 2 had started and added sooooooo much more
  halo 1... above all.

3 over 2, thats good. but halo 1... ist krieg

strongbad

lol whatever
similarly to halo 2, halo 1 was pretty damn revolutionary (moreso than 2 or 3) but relative to the other games in the series it is like a C+ game. at least in terms of mechanics and features, which is what i care about. i'm not a big fan of single player games in general

Go Up