March 28, 2024, 01:54:19 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

list the entries in any series from best to worst

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 12, 2014, 03:28:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

December 04, 2022, 04:33:52 PM #315 Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 04:47:06 PM by Majorana's Incantation
Quote from: Samus Aran on September 04, 2017, 01:15:23 PMi still prefer melee over brawl but i prefer 4 over both

and i have a special love for smash 64 for being its own, broken beast. the damage percentage boost is so broken. 200% damage, 4 kirbies, bumpers only, mario stage

Quote from: silvertone on September 04, 2017, 07:26:49 AMi played melee the other day and had 0% fun. i think ive been spoiled by the rosters and new movesets that it feels like the game is missing something. the only thing superior is that it doesnt have a ton of moving stages

The Ultimate Truth:

Ultimate
Brawl
4U
Melee ≈ 64

3DS is irrelevant/doesn't count (and i haven't played it lol)

Samus Aran

smash is too hard for me to be particularly objective about in any way because so much of my enjoyment of smash these days is as a spectator for competitive play and my general impression of melee has only become more and more positive over the last couple of years

i really think one's modern perception of melee hinges pretty well on whether or not they care about the scene, and, well, competitive melee is really fucking cool imo and i can't really say the same about most other smash games...though i do also enjoy comp ultimate

so yeah there is no ultimate truth for me honestly except that i consider both melee and ultimate the two goated smash games basically

Samus Aran

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on November 01, 2018, 06:35:00 PM3d home console zeldas:

oot ≈ mm
ww
ss
tp
botw

my thoughts on this have changed a bit these days, i dont really remember what i used to say but these days it's definitely

ww
oot
mm
tp
botw
ss

Mando Pandango

Majora's Mask is still the best

Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time are close. Both are great executions of that they're trying to do.

Twilight Princess is fine with obvious flaws

Skyward Sword is garbage with the occasional good idea

I'm still playing botw but i like it. If you think it's worse than twilight Princess you're fucking delusional
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

In fact I'd say botw is a great execution of what Zelda was intended to be in the first place and an absolutely necessary return to form from the NES days applied to modern standards
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

Quote from: Mando Pandango on December 04, 2022, 05:19:07 PMI'm still playing botw but i like it. If you think it's worse than twilight Princess you're fucking delusional

damn, so heated

i loved my time with botw, but it and ss are truly the two zelda games that i also have the most problems with

twilight princess, ironically, these days i do not have that many problems with in the grand scheme of things, most of my issues are a bit smaller than, say, the complete lack of actual dungeons in botw, or the complete lack of a meaningful story that's actually integrated into the player's interaction with botw

botw is a game i love for what it is, in spite of what it isn't, but i still greatly lament what's missing

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Mando Pandango on December 04, 2022, 05:19:07 PMIf you think it's worse than twilight Princess you're fucking delusional

i lol'd

Quote from: Mando Pandango on December 04, 2022, 05:20:37 PMIn fact I'd say botw is a great execution of what Zelda was intended to be in the first place and an absolutely necessary return to form from the NES days applied to modern standards

I screamed. >.<

Mando Pandango

I'll say that in Skyward Sword I desperately missed having big dungeons to explore. And after a while with botw, I don't miss them here. I'm very surprised to be saying that and i think it says a lot about the design philosophy. There's nothing in this world that a big dungeon would service, in terms of reward to be gained from doing one. There's no Big Thing to go into the dungeon and get.

I find myself thinking about Shadow of the Colossus more than any other game as I play it. Here's the world, here's all the stuff to explore, here are the things you need to do. Go do em. No big distractions.

I think it works!

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Mando Pandango on December 04, 2022, 06:07:45 PMI find myself thinking about Shadow of the Colossus more than any other game as I play it. Here's the world, here's all the stuff to explore, here are the things you need to do. Go do em. No big distractions.

I think it works!

i am genuinely fascinated by this opinion befuddlement

Mando Pandango

I think it helps a lot to be in a mindset where you're willing to check out what's around you with no strong intent on Getting To The Next Thing Immediately. A lot of the time I'll see something on the map and think "well what the hell is going on there" and on the way to that thing, something else cool will catch my attention. And often it's rewarding, sometimes monetarily, sometimes in some kind of precious resource.

This isn't usually my mindset with games, and it took some getting used to. It's also more fun when I'm high on the weed 420 for this reason.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Mando Pandango on December 04, 2022, 06:19:37 PMThis isn't usually my mindset with games, and it took some getting used to. It's also more fun when I'm high on the weed 420 for this reason.

i screamed (as in, i lol'd q. hard)

Samus Aran

Quote from: Mando Pandango on December 04, 2022, 06:07:45 PMI'll say that in Skyward Sword I desperately missed having big dungeons to explore. And after a while with botw, I don't miss them here. I'm very surprised to be saying that and i think it says a lot about the design philosophy. There's nothing in this world that a big dungeon would service, in terms of reward to be gained from doing one. There's no Big Thing to go into the dungeon and get.

I find myself thinking about Shadow of the Colossus more than any other game as I play it. Here's the world, here's all the stuff to explore, here are the things you need to do. Go do em. No big distractions.

I think it works!

i think it works too. i just also love zelda dungeons, and they are a big part of what zelda games are to me. sure, there's the little divine beast "dungeons," but theyre painfully simple.

and the point of a dungeon is not to have something to go get. the something to get is just part of the experience therein. you don't go into eagle tower to get the mirror shield, you go into eagle tower to solve an excellent puzzle.

Go Up