March 28, 2024, 03:21:01 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

list the entries in any series from best to worst

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, May 12, 2014, 03:28:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

TooB

You know what the biggest gripe I have for tooie is?

Grunty Industries....

One of the absolute worst levels I've ever seen.

C.Mongler

at least there's plenty of room to shit eggs out of my ass

C.Mongler

Quote from: Big Goop on July 12, 2017, 11:51:05 AM
You know what the biggest gripe I have for tooie is?

Grunty Industries....

One of the absolute worst levels I've ever seen.

lol thats actually around the point in the game where i realized i'd been duped into thinking i was having a good time. a-fuckin-greed

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 12, 2017, 11:36:25 AM
banjo 2 might as well be a donkey kong 64 clone and has many of the same mediocre dumbass ideas that donkey kong 64 does. giant, flat generic levels devoid of any visual landmarks and any actual platforming (due to the flatness), filled to the brim with shallow distracting side-mini-games and forced first-person-shooter-esque segments. also the transformations were all super underwhelming and for the most part just there to make you waste time by having to go back and forth to mumbos and usually the pay off was only a single jiggy instead of anything fun or meaningful. the game's better than DK64 as it doesn't obnoxiously waste your time for the collectathon element like that game does with swapping kongs every 3 minutes, but compared to the first game, tooie sucks. bk1 was a tight game with more constrained, vertical level design and direction. the only thing tooie did better was have a better, funnier, and more developed story, but everything you had to do to get to those c i n m e a t i c moments was a fucking slog

regardless it seems you're clearly either trolling, haven't actually played half the game i listed to have an opinion on them more definitive than a metascore, or are just drunk of nostalgia. once again, i love the n64 as it was my first console, but it has a shit, tiny library.

Quote from: YPargh on July 12, 2017, 11:18:04 AM
I can accept arguments for the NES, SNES, GameCube being better than N64

There's nothing to accept as you'd have to be pissing in your own mouth to think any of those are inferior to the N64 too lol

im not drunk off nostalgia lol you're just on the "n64 was shit because nostalgia" train. Is that Reddit? /v/? Idk but it's a ridiculously stale argument lol. The Wii and Wii U are not in the same league as far as classic titles. If you wanted a greater variety of "okay" games,  sure the Wii is for you. If you want games that were kickass especially at the time, gimme an N64. Especially for multiplayer it's night and day.  

I didn't say the N64 was better than any of those consoles, I'm just saying I will accept any arranging of GameCube, N64, SNES, and NES. Wii and Wii U form their own "Well at least we weren't virtual boy" tier.

TooB

YPrrrr

Quote from: Nico Yazawa on July 12, 2017, 11:40:45 AM
Banjo-Tooie is great fuck off. But I will concede that its worlds are too big and empty, and that Kazooie is the better game. And yeah how could you forget games like Paper Mario and Kirby 64 wtf. And Mario Kart 64 may have been massively outclassed by later games in the series but it's still good.

HOWEVER, a lot of the other stuff you listed are p garbage tbh YPR :(

anyway um i do think the N64 is super overrated and outclassed by the NES, SNES, and Gamecube at least for sheer volume of excellent games. Wii i don't know, i'd have to think about it
Idk everything there seems p universally acclaimed except maybe my own personal love for Mario Party 2 and Shadows of the Empire. befuddlement

I will say I probably included too many racing games lol

C.Mongler

wii u? who is bringing up the wii u, that's the worst console nintendo has ever made, i wasn't arguing that lol.

and if you think its stale thats fine but its just as stale as the argument that it was good. where did you catch that train, reddit? /v/? nsider?

[spoiler]also what does that even mean lol did an n64 save your parent's lives or something it seems i've struck a very sensitive nerve[/spoiler]

Quote from: Big Goop on July 12, 2017, 11:56:01 AM
Galaxy best 3d marios anyway

this is fact

YPrrrr

July 12, 2017, 12:32:41 PM #278 Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 12:56:22 PM by YPargh
Quote from: C.Mongler on July 12, 2017, 11:59:47 AM
wii u? who is bringing up the wii u, that's the worst console nintendo has ever made, i wasn't arguing that lol.

and if you think its stale thats fine but its just as stale as the argument that it was good. where did you catch that train, reddit? /v/? nsider?

[spoiler]also what does that even mean lol did an n64 save your parent's lives or something it seems i've struck a very sensitive nerve[/spoiler]

this is fact
i was just saying those are the tiers lol SNES GC NES N64 > Wii Wii U > Virtual Boy. No order within the tiers.

It's weird though because I wouldn't say Red/Blue are best Pokemon. Or that PS1/PS2 are my favorite PSs. Or that Mario Kart 64 is the BEST MK. Or that TMNT is the best cartoon of all time. Yet for some reason, when it comes the N64 I'm NOSTALGIA CRAZY. Lol.

Nah didn't save my parents or anything it's just amazing to me someone would think the Wii is better than anything that came before it. But hey my grandma agrees with you so there's that girl;

TooB

Quote from: YPargh on July 12, 2017, 12:32:41 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on July 12, 2017, 11:59:47 AM

this is fact
i was just saying those are the tiers lol SNES GC NES N64 > Wii Wii U > Virtual Boy. No order within the tiers.

Nah didn't save my parents or anything it's just amazing to me someone would think the Wii is better than anything that came before it. But hey my grandma agrees with you so there's that girl;
and Tec

YPrrrr

C.Mongler

How would one argue the Wii U is equal to the Wii either goonish

C.Mongler

And please do not include the N64 in a tier with the NES, SNES, and Gamecube, that's both offensive and triggering

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 12, 2017, 12:56:45 PM
How would one argue the Wii U is equal to the Wii either goonish
Okay if you want SNES NES GC N64 > Wii > Wii U >>>>> Virtual Boy

Could maybe even put SNES above the other three in its tier but I havent played enough
Quote from: C.Mongler on July 12, 2017, 12:58:11 PM
And please do not include the N64 in a tier with the NES, SNES, and Gamecube, that's both offensive and triggering
I mean NES and Gamecube aren't THAT lit. They're good ofc. Like I was about to post, SNES could be up in the clouds I guess

Hiro

SNES > GameCube > N64 > Wii U > Wii

The Wii U had great games: Splatoon, Sm4sh, Breath of the Wild, Mario 3D World, DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2, and more.

N64 didn't have a large library, but a lot of it's games are still considered some of the best ever made. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros, Harvest Moon 64, Star Fox 64, Banjo-Kazooie, the good Mario Party games, and Paper Mario.

The Wii had DKC Returns, the Mario Galaxy games, Wii Sports, Skyward Sword and a lot of really weak series entries: Brawl, Twilight Princess, Metroid Other M, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart Wii, etc. I guess Xenoblade Chronicles and No More Heroes were notable, but on any other platform they'd have been forgotten pretty quickly.

Go Up