September 27, 2024, 07:18:18 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokemon, why do you dislike it?

Started by MARIOMANIAC21, April 24, 2007, 04:12:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

MARIOMANIAC21

As I go here everyday I see many of you posting "EWW I HATE POKEMON" or " WTH, you like Pokemon" but why? Pokemon is one of the greatest franchise Nintendo ever came with. It has sold milliosf millions of games not only to kids but to teens and adults. Over the years it has grown more and more complex, it's not like many of you think "All you do is attack" no.You have different types lik water, grass, fire, dark, bug, ect. and with newer and newer games, the complexity just keeps on going. Like before Ruby and Saphire where released, there was a already a way to re battle trainers by calling them, you could listen to music, and you could get special pokeballs made by collecting different colored Appicots. And when Ruby and Saphire were released, new ways to raise and train your pokemon were introduced like pokeblocks, traits like shy, and pokemon contest.

Pokemon is more complex than many of you think, just buy any Pokemon game and try out, you'll probably enjoy it oe you get the hang of it. Why the very first video game Iever playedw Pokemon Red Version,  had lots offun but Ibarely knew what I was doing, but then I realized what I should have done by buying Silver version and oe I got into the game fell in love. Now with Diamond and Pearl there are more possibilities and even greater features. So just try it before you talk.

Seriously it's not as kiddy as it may seem.

*And please forgive any missig letters, my keyboard is getting old*

Necro

Srsly, this is a good point. All it is is an RPG, but with more intuitive gameplay. gentleman;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

MARIOMANIAC21

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 24, 2007, 04:13:40 PM
Srsly, this is a good point. All it is is an RPG, but with more intuitive gameplay. gentleman;

yeah and not to mention it lasts a long time since your goal is to get all of the Pokemon.

The artist formally known

No strategy, takes hours to do stuff only because it take hours, not because it's hard. Gimmicky gameplay, buy a game to get one Pokemon. Boring collecting stuff

I love it  wub;

heltar

Pokemon is great, with it's innovative gameplay, though I do find it a bit tiring with alll of the new pokemans. But without them, Diamond wouldn't be Diamond, Emerald wouldn't be emerald...

I still think Silver was by far the best, though.

And now that we're on the subject, what do you think that the "cousin" to d/p is going to be called?

R/B:Y::
G/S:C::
R/S:E::
D/P:?????

MARIOMANIAC21

Quote from: xfollowthereaperx on April 24, 2007, 04:14:54 PM
No strategy, takes hours to do stuff only because it take hours, not because it's hard. Gimmicky gameplay, buy a game to get one Pokemon. Boring collecting stuff

I love it  wub;

-No strategy? Most of the game is built on strategy.
-But you meet alot of trainers and get alot of training so it's useful.
-Everything is Gimmicky these days.
-One Pokemon? The versions differ with alot more than just one.
-Thats an opinion

Quote from: helter skelter on April 24, 2007, 04:15:58 PM
Pokemon is great, with it's innovative gameplay, though I do find it a bit tiring with alll of the new pokemans. But without them, Diamond wouldn't be Diamond, Emerald wouldn't be emerald...

And now that we're on the subject, what do you think that the "cousin" to d/p is going to be called?

Hopefully it will be a Silver,Gold, Crystal remake

heltar

Quote from: MARIOMANIAC21 on April 24, 2007, 04:20:26 PM

How will that work out, Yellow/Crystal/Emerald were all related to their cousins,. just a bit different stuff added in to the awesomeness

Andrew1911

Necro

Quote from: helter skelter on April 24, 2007, 04:15:58 PM

OMG SHOELAIS navi;

I agree though, G/S were the best.

D/P would be badass if they were like G/S. Able to cath ALL pokemans, and able to go to all four places, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

Feynman

Because I don't have a DS. caterpie;

MARIOMANIAC21

Quote from: helter skelter on April 24, 2007, 04:21:50 PM
Quote from: MARIOMANIAC21 on April 24, 2007, 04:20:26 PM

How will that work out, Yellow/Crystal/Emerald were all related to their cousins,. just a bit different stuff added in to the awesomeness

Firered and Leafgreen were remakes without a third. So they might make a Crystal contaning Sinnoh Pokemon, or they could make Gold and Silver remakes like Firered and Leafgreen but with gameplay lke Diamond and Pearl.

ClassicTyler

I used to like Pokemon, and I wish I still could...

but God dammit, it's that same every game.

superclucky

kewns are smelly

MARIOMANIAC21

ncba93ivyase

The thing I hate about it: NOA always has the commercials featuring wee toddlers but no young adults or any other age group playing the games.

psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up