Six Californias ballot initiative nonsense

Started by ME##, April 18, 2014, 05:22:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Tec and I have been discussing this bullshite since early this morning, but actual input from Californians would be nice.  Apparently they're trying to have a large push to get signatures to get it on the ballot since it's '''close''' to getting on the ballot.

To read this nerd's weak arguments for proposing this: http://www.sixcalifornias.info/about

We've gone over how all of these arguments always get spewed when discussing and how nothing will actually change other than massively fracturing California and causing even more friction over things like water rights.  This is just a ploy to get Silicon Valley out of California whilst leaving the other proposed states in  absolute mess, especially Central California which would be even poorer than Mississppi.  And unfortunately, it seems to be gathering the most steam in that area of the state. akudood;

[spoiler]Not to mention we don't need other states that think they have imaginary clauses granting them independence if they split themselves up getting ideas from this.   akudood; akudood; akudood; akudood;[/spoiler]

so pls if u live in california and see somebody with these petitions tell them 2 go to hell and burn their signatures thank u

ncba93ivyase

you choose to be a redneck piece of shit who didn't learn to program then you have no right to bleed programmers dry while bitching about the fag capital of the world

let sf break off. let the rest of the parasites die in their shithole

also please please let the south secede again. you can never have too many fat dead southerners

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

snoorkel

yeah. you're right about central california being poor. 2 states at most . there is no need for this.

from my experiences here so far, california already has much more responsive local governments than most places ...

Those points on the website don't even make sense

snoorkel

I also oppose this because it does not represent division of states by geological boundaries

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: infinite luxury on April 18, 2014, 11:37:01 PM
I also oppose this because it does not represent division of states by geological boundaries
what states are actually good about this

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

snoorkel

ME##

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhcPcBxI-vI[/youtube]

>a university allowed this man to come in and speak  akudood; akudood; akudood; akudood; akudood; akudood; akudood; akudood;

he comes off as a sleazy salesman

Kalahari Inkantation

July 15, 2014, 09:27:43 AM #7 Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 09:34:27 AM by Tectron
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/15/us-usa-california-breakup-idUSKBN0FK03P20140715

i feel sick

why is anyone at all buying into this

he's just some rich sociopath who wants to break california up into smaller entities so that he or his cronies have better odds of buying one of the successor governments out and keeping themselves in power forever at the expense of the other 38 million californians

PLEASEHELP1991

I expect this to pass somehow like Proposition 8...
I love [you]

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on July 15, 2014, 09:27:43 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/15/us-usa-california-breakup-idUSKBN0FK03P20140715

i feel sick

he's just some rich sociopath who wants to break california up into smaller entities so that he or his cronies have better odds of buying one of the successor governments out and keeping themselves in power forever at the expense of the other 38 million californians
Jesus Christ akudood;

You shouldn't be able to put something on the ballot more than twenty-four months in advance

snoorkel

I support THIS before 6 Californos

I would approve almost anything that gets silicon valley out of California though

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: infinite luxury on July 15, 2014, 12:12:09 PM
I support THIS before 6 Californos

I would approve almost anything that gets silicon valley out of California though
cascadia should be its own country, but it shouldn't include washington or bc. we need a single state that promotes True Freedomā,,¢
Quote from: Tectron on July 15, 2014, 09:27:43 AM

i feel sick

you have dumbasses who still believe in shit like "trickle down" and "Job CreatorsĀ®"

they'd secede and think it's some great accomplishment and once they realize they lack the infrastructure to support themselves or that their environment is being ransacked by billionaires, they'll blame it on the obvious source: liberals

in a way i hope it passes because it just might be the thing that tears our country apart

also i highly doubt the supreme court would recognize it

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on July 15, 2014, 02:24:01 PM
also i highly doubt the supreme court would recognize it
i'm pretty sure it would if congress approves it
I love [you]

Kalahari Inkantation

in the unlikely event that the referendum passes, i highly doubt congress would approve

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on July 15, 2014, 03:24:08 PM
in the unlikely event that the referendum passes, i highly doubt congress would approve
This.  Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if a large portion of California's own representation voted against it

Go Up