September 24, 2024, 07:26:44 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

jobs that are utterly pointless and society would be better without

Started by ncba93ivyase, March 29, 2014, 02:47:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

ncba93ivyase

lol

really though here's what a waiter does: takes your food from the chefs to your table

you know who else could do that

me

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

don't let's

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on March 29, 2014, 02:52:16 PM
lol

really though here's what a waiter does: takes your food from the chefs to your table

me

But then couldn't that create traffic jams by the kitchen area? And you'd have to refill your drinks yourself and stuff like that adding to more foot traffic.

Though I guess that is how fast food works.

silvertone

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ā€¦ on March 29, 2014, 04:22:39 PM
lol

me

But then couldn't that create traffic jams by the kitchen area? And you'd have to refill your drinks yourself and stuff like that adding to more foot traffic.

there's a reason fast food restaurants are fast

silvertone

is because u shit it out  as soon as it goes down your throat

don't let's

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on March 29, 2014, 04:29:29 PM
Quote from: … on March 29, 2014, 04:22:39 PM
lol

me

Yeah because they're basically not cooking actual meals

The cooking time and types of food being prepared has something to do with it

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: … on March 29, 2014, 04:40:11 PM
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on March 29, 2014, 04:29:29 PM
Quote from: … on March 29, 2014, 04:22:39 PM
lol

me

Yeah because they're basically not cooking actual meals

The cooking time and types of food being prepared has something to do with it
have you never had times where you see your food sitting near the chefs and ready to be served but your waiter is taking a colossal shit or something so you have to wait 5 minutes to get it

also if you eat any sort of sit down chain restaurant the food is typically prepackaged in some way and just heated up for you

a lot of smaller restaurants (especially around here) have the owners or cooks hand the food over to you and that's a much better way of doing it all

don't let's

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on March 29, 2014, 04:51:28 PM
have you never had times where you see your food sitting near the chefs and ready to be served but your waiter is taking a colossal shit or something so you have to wait 5 minutes to get it

also if you eat any sort of sit down chain restaurant the food is typically prepackaged in some way and just heated up for you
I'm sure that happens too

a lot of smaller restaurants (especially around here) have the owners or cooks hand the food over to you and that's a much better way of doing it all
And there ya go, smaller restaurants. They can probably get away with that sort thing more often than bigger ones depending on how much business they get at any given time.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ā€¦ on March 29, 2014, 04:53:01 PM

I'm sure that happens too

And there ya go, smaller restaurants. They can probably get away with that sort thing more often than bigger ones depending on how much business they get at any given time.
if a restaurant is big then they should just have a counter that lets you grab your food whenever it's ready

there's a small chain restaurant around here that does that and it works just fine. if you don't want people stealing each other's food, give the customer one of those big plastic plates with number on it to verify that it's theirs

you could have 2-3 people taking orders quickly and it'd be much faster and more efficient than 5-6 waiters

or if you want to be smart, computer interfaces for ordering. but unfortunately the companies who make those always intentionally make them shitty so that it mandates a human presence and thus a worthless job.

don't let's

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on March 29, 2014, 05:05:53 PM
if a restaurant is big then they should just have a counter that lets you grab your food whenever it's ready

there's a small chain restaurant around here that does that and it works just fine. if you don't want people stealing each other's food, give the customer one of those big plastic plates with number on it to verify that it's theirs

you could have 2-3 people taking orders quickly and it'd be much faster and more efficient than 5-6 waiters
But would that work in the bigger places? And I'm not saying it won't because I have no idea about it. Though I think your party size might a difference there too if you have a large enough group. And a lot of those places use those heavy plates that are sometimes very hot. So it might also be at least partly for safety concerns too.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on March 29, 2014, 05:05:53 PM
or if you want to be smart, computer interfaces for ordering. but unfortunately the companies who make those always intentionally make them shitty so that it mandates a human presence and thus a worthless job.
Aren't there some places that let you order from tablets or maybe an app on your phone or something like that? I thought I remember hearing about something like that before, though it might have been about something else.

And this talk did remind me of those cafeteria  places where you walk through the line picking out what you want. But the foods already prepared in that case.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up