does anybody at boyah actually use sms-replacement apps to communicate?

Started by ME##, March 11, 2014, 05:20:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

frage

Yes
1 (20%)
No
2 (40%)
Huh?
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Go Down

ME##

beyond snapchat [can that be included in these too? befuddlement], i haven't seen a boyager actually mention junk like whatsapp, line or telegram befuddlement

are we just out-of-touch with today's youth? 

also inb4 jmv talks about how great kakaotalk is

Thyme

don't let's

I briefly used hangouts when they updated it with sms integration, but then I wasn't able to get my visual voicemail so I changed back. But other than that I've had no desire to use anything beyond the stock app.

Daddy

strongbad

snoorkel

Daddy

Quote from: udderfailure on March 11, 2014, 10:31:12 PM
Quote from: Khadafi on March 11, 2014, 06:26:01 PM
I use Kakaotalk and WeChat all the time.

I've used Line also.

why?
why what

Short answer

Quote from: infinite luxury on March 11, 2014, 11:48:48 PM

he chats with immigrants

Accurate answer:

KakaoTalk: My coworkers and I all use it for a group chat since it has a lot more features and has more granular control than Facebook chat.  It also doesn't absolutely destroy your battery like facebook chat has done for me in the past (messenger has caused my phone to feel warm at times.  I haven't even installed in on the nexus 5).  We started using it because one my coworkers was dating a korean who used it, and I have a close friend who went back to Korea and I've used it to do voice/video calls with her.

WeChat: Originally used it to talk to friends in China and practice Chinese.  I also use it to speak to Cindy because it's better. Also has better emotes and battery life than Facebook chat.

Line: I used once but it's a lot more common in Japan and most people I talk to are chinese and have no use for this.

also the first two have a lot more users than WhatsApp globally.

bluaki

I use Google Voice, which is like half of an sms-replacement?
I receive the messages through internet data, but it communicates with others through SMS

I do prefer Hangouts over the other services I've tried. I like that it lets me be signed in on multiple devices at once, that messages I receive are sent to all of them, and that it can be used on desktops with Pidgin or other methods. XMPP mostly does that too, I guess.

Samus Aran

uhh my main method of communication online is skype, both for text chatting and also for voice/cam chats (especially group calls)

bluaki

As far as I remember, the only kind of voice or video chat I've ever used are the Boyah Google+ Hangouts that we used to have

My family are really the only people who would call me and they just always use phone calls.

I've only ever used Skype a couple times and even then just for text chat, not calls.

me003

i am reluctant to communicate by any other means than interpersonal and telephone. I text but it pisses me off, even though I see why everyone likes to text, i always try to call first.

never skyped. never heard of those others. probly why i dont boyah too much either.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Go Up