April 18, 2024, 01:05:55 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Ukraine and Russia event discussion

Started by Commander Fuckass, March 01, 2014, 09:12:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah, it feels unnatural to me personally as someone who's known ukraine intimately since waaay before they started insisting on ukrainian language spellings for its regions, but i completely get why they're distinguishing themselves from russia in any way possible

still, to me it will always be kiev (pronounced "keev"), "chornobyl" just looks and sounds so odd compared to chernobyl, etc. putindisapproves;

i'm also much more familiar with the russian language and know practically nothing about ukrainian except through russian, so i'm definitely a little biased lol

Thyme

as a frenchoid it's always been kee-ev to me lol

silvertone

Quote from: YPrrrr on April 29, 2022, 10:47:47 AMI don't blame Ukraine for changing the pronunciation/spelling of Kyiv to match the Ukrainian pronunciation more than the Russian.

It's mildly annoying to us but I can't hold it against them for wanting to further separate themselves from being perceived as a Russian satellite state
ukraine can call it whatever they want. im not ukranian though.

Kalahari Inkantation

September 12, 2022, 05:35:49 PM #633 Last Edit: September 12, 2022, 06:20:03 PM by Magyarorszag
pretty much the two key tenets of 21st century russia's national identity are its faith in its military supremacy, and its faith in its superiority over ukraine

russians willingly looked the other way for over 20 years as putin plundered and pillaged their nation so long as they could trust him to, at the very least, maintain those two central pillars of russian identity

So Ukraine's spectacular shattering of both of those illusions

( С Л А В А У К Р А Ї Н І )

has also destroyed any and all remaining confidence Russia had in Putin. The Russian people now have nothing. befuddlement

and with their nation in tatters and absolutely nothing left to lose, they have finally begun to openly turn on him

I cannot rest until Russia is fully dissolved. It's the only way to get Ukraine's stolen children back. At long last Russia's implosion is imminent, and its demise is now being accelerated by the Russians themselves. happydood;

silvertone

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on September 25, 2022, 03:21:48 AMPutin just gets dumber and dumber. Wow. befuddlement

It's like he looked at all the dumb decisions Hitler made and said, 'Bet'.

Kalahari Inkantation

November 27, 2022, 01:50:56 AM #637 Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 01:58:26 AM by Majorana's Incantation
https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-accuses-us-of-profiting-from-war/

>says the wannabe """continent""" that's COMPLETELY dependent on r*ssian oil and *MERICAN defense

L O L
O
L

Quoteaccuse the Americans of making a fortune from the war

only a completely irrelevant sanctimonious contrarian eu ghoul could possibly believe this is a bad thing lol

Kalahari Inkantation

November 30, 2022, 12:12:37 AM #638 Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:19:41 AM by Majorana's Incantation

Kalahari Inkantation

December 02, 2022, 07:40:11 PM #640 Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 08:26:07 PM by Majorana's Incantation
https://www.newsweek.com/europe-russia-ukraine-war-america-finland-sanna-marin-1764138

Quote from: Sanna MarinI must be brutally honest with you, Europe isn't strong enough right now. We would be in trouble without the United States.

BASED Mommy Marin: the only intelligent European politician. happydood;

ME##

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on December 02, 2022, 07:40:11 PMhttps://www.newsweek.com/europe-russia-ukraine-war-america-finland-sanna-marin-1764138

Quote from: Sanna MarinI must be brutally honest with you, Europe isn't strong enough right now. We would be in trouble without the United States.

BASED Mommy Marin: the only intelligent European politician. happydood;

Meanwhile you have the German leftists in tears wishing the US away from Europe lol

Kalahari Inkantation

it's hilarious because "g*rman" """le*tist""" has to be the greatest oxy-moron of all time lol

YPrrrr

Go Up