March 28, 2024, 04:45:46 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Ukraine and Russia event discussion

Started by Commander Fuckass, March 01, 2014, 09:12:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

QuoteSergei Glazyev

he's a nobody

and rofl, "crash the us economy", russia couldn't hurt the us economically (by conventional means, at least) nearly as much as the us could hurt it

defaulting on their debts would be moderately painful for the us, but it would also greatly tarnish their credit ratings and cause their own economy to implode (again)

speaking of which

http://www.mediaite.com/online/obama-signs-order-declaring-ukraine-crisis-an-extraordinary-threat-to-national-security/

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/03/06/executive-order-blocking-property-certain-persons-contributing-situation

who's ready to get drafted

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Kalahari Inkantation

every slavic country is about to sucked back into the black hole of russian hegemony they only so recently and so painstakingly escaped

ME##

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on March 07, 2014, 01:55:54 PM
every slavic country is about to sucked back into the black hole of russian hegemony they only so recently and so painstakingly escaped
are you forgetting the caucuses and the baltics lol

Kalahari Inkantation

no, i didn't mention them because the caucuses are even less relevant than the slavic states are

the central asian countries are likely to get absorbed into the eurasian union too but i doubt there is a single person on this planet who has ever even heard of kyrgyzstan

also i wanted to emphasize the russian mentality of pan-slavism that has influenced russian international politics for the past millennium, the baltic and other non-slav states west of the border were just a neat bonus to them

i think because of this, of any post-soviet territory, the baltic states have the best chance to remain independent in a hypothetical scenario of further russian landgrabbing (even back during soviet times, they were the only ones for whom the world community was brave enough to declare soviet occupation de jure illegal)

Commander Fuckass

Are we invading Ukraine for their natural gas yet
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

YPrrrr

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on March 07, 2014, 03:43:52 PM
no, i didn't mention them because the caucuses are even less relevant than the slavic states are

the central asian countries are likely to get absorbed into the eurasian union too but i doubt there is a single person on this planet who has ever even heard of kyrgyzstan

also i wanted to emphasize the russian mentality of pan-slavism that has influenced russian international politics for the past millennium, the baltic and other non-slav states west of the border were just a neat bonus to them

i think because of this, of any post-soviet territory, the baltic states have the best chance to remain independent in a hypothetical scenario of further russian landgrabbing (even back during soviet times, they were the only ones for whom the world community was brave enough to declare soviet occupation de jure illegal)
every person that has ever used sporcle knows Kyrgyzstan n_u

If Russia tried to take any eu member it would definitely be world war iii if Ukraine isn't already

Kalahari Inkantation

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/10/ukraine-nuclear/6250815/

and now that the world can see firsthand the result of ukraine voluntarily relinquishing its nukes for a now broken promise of absolute sovereignty, there is exactly no incentive for non-nuclear states to not develop weapons for themselves, as they have seen that they can't necessarily rely on the world's nuclear powers to protect them

[spoiler]

boyah's going to need some nuclear engineers[/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on March 10, 2014, 05:01:12 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/03/10/ukraine-nuclear/6250815/

and now that the world can see firsthand the result of ukraine voluntarily relinquishing its nukes for a now broken promise of absolute sovereignty, there is exactly no incentive for non-nuclear states to not develop weapons for themselves, as they have seen that they can't necessarily rely on the world's nuclear powers to protect them

[spoiler]

boyah's going to need some nuclear engineers[/spoiler]
lol either scenario is terrible. 

protecting the ukraine from russia with military support will be unpopular and costly, but allowing a nation to freely develop nuclear weaponry for self-protection will send a bad message to the other crazies in the world goowan

Kalahari Inkantation

and either scenario increases the overall threat of nuclear warfare

welp

ME##

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on March 10, 2014, 06:26:09 PM
and either scenario increases the overall threat of nuclear warfare

welp
what a time to be alive

Go Up