April 23, 2024, 10:54:14 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

nge best anime

Started by AegisReflector, January 13, 2014, 02:52:53 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: AegisReflector on January 14, 2014, 08:06:26 PM
the movies imo downplay the whole psychological/immoral aspect that made nge master anime. i mean yeah they have more excitement/action but i didn't think it was neccessary to completely change the universe starting with 2.0 just because fans didn't like the last two episodes or EoE.

i really don't think the rebuilds exist "because fans didn't like the last two episodes or EoE."

hideaki anno gives zero fucks about his fans. if anything, his fans piss him off. he hates the reasons why people love evangelion, and he hates that it became so big and totally undermined a lot of what he meant to do with the series in the first place.

if i recall correctly, he said the rebuilds are what he would have liked to do (visually-wise, i imagine) if he had the budget to do it back in the day. but other than that, he probably just wanted to make a new evangelion story basically just because he can.

he's a pretty bitter guy about the anime industry (and its fans) in general, and already was before he even started working on evangelion. that's why it was completely the opposite of pretty much all other anime up to that point. one commonly cited example is how he hated how quiet doll-type girls were so fetishized by otaku, so he chose to make a character like that but make her terrifying and grotesque in the end.

i think the guy just does half of what he does out of spite

AegisReflector

EoE was created solely for the reason of fans hating the last two episodes, and when anno "fucked up" the ending again by fans of the series who don't want a stagnant closure, rebuild was thought up of. i dont trust anno with any interviews since he did suffer from major brain fuck during the original production and i still to this day find him struggling to comprehend just what the heck he did create. i mean yeah he is totally unpredictable but it seems like whenever you just produce a product to literally piss off the fans you bring in it's not a good approach. i liked original nge for its messages and offbeat allegories that teach us the reason why humanity is wonderful and humanity sucks. but as far as anno goes, you can't just create something to get back at your fans for spreading the wrong messages. art is subjective after all. goddamn it why am i rambling on about this

silvertone

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on January 14, 2014, 08:18:21 PM
i really don't think the rebuilds exist "because fans didn't like the last two episodes or EoE."

hideaki anno gives zero fucks about his fans. if anything, his fans piss him off. he hates the reasons why people love evangelion, and he hates that it became so big and totally undermined a lot of what he meant to do with the series in the first place.

if i recall correctly, he said the rebuilds are what he would have liked to do (visually-wise, i imagine) if he had the budget to do it back in the day. but other than that, he probably just wanted to make a new evangelion story basically just because he can.

he's a pretty bitter guy about the anime industry (and its fans) in general, and already was before he even started working on evangelion. that's why it was completely the opposite of pretty much all other anime up to that point. one commonly cited example is how he hated how quiet doll-type girls were so fetishized by otaku, so he chose to make a character like that but make her terrifying and grotesque in the end.

i think the guy just does half of what he does out of spite
i mean once you get to the last 5 or so episodes of the tv series it's pretty damn clear they ran out of money

it's full of filler in general, but once they just start straight up reusing exact footage and gluing it together to make a new episode then it's pretty obvious.
Quote from: AegisReflector on January 14, 2014, 08:06:26 PM
the movies imo downplay the whole psychological/immoral aspect that made nge master anime. i mean yeah they have more excitement/action but i didn't think it was neccessary to completely change the universe starting with 2.0 just because fans didn't like the last two episodes or EoE.
i'd say the reason for this is because the movies assume you've already seen the tv series. do you really want to go to the theater to see the exact same thing scene-for-scene just with slightly enhanced animation?

the first movie is about 80 percent identical to the tv series and mostly diverges in the angel design. if they'd decided to only have tiny differences like that in the movies that followed, nobody would pay to see them because really what's the point

yes, the movies rush some scenes but it's because we know what the hell is supposed to happen. don't assume that the movies are meant to be reboots but instead a continuation of the series and that the universe is destined to restart every single time the final angel is killed and the movies are actually pretty good

i mean, imagine any other game or series that has time travel. e.g. majora's mask. if every time you went to the past should you have to completely redo every single thing before moving on to the next ? ? ? no because that's retarded and it's already forcing some shit to be redone and if it pushed it any more then there'd be no reason to play it. there's no reason to redo the first dungeon every time you enter dungeon 2 or 3 or 4. there's also no reason to spend hours showing shinji's emotional and psychological issues again because it's already been done and we understand it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

don't let's

Snowy

Quote from: AegisReflector on January 14, 2014, 08:34:23 PM
EoE was created solely for the reason of fans hating the last two episodes, and when anno "fucked up" the ending again by fans of the series who don't want a stagnant closure, rebuild was thought up of. i dont trust anno with any interviews since he did suffer from major brain fuck during the original production and i still to this day find him struggling to comprehend just what the heck he did create. i mean yeah he is totally unpredictable but it seems like whenever you just produce a product to literally piss off the fans you bring in it's not a good approach. i liked original nge for its messages and offbeat allegories that teach us the reason why humanity is wonderful and humanity sucks. but as far as anno goes, you can't just create something to get back at your fans for spreading the wrong messages. art is subjective after all. goddamn it why am i rambling on about this
iirc EoE was made because the tv station refused to air the original episodes. Thus 25 and 26 were made. I don't think it had anything to do with the fans hating the ending, I think it was more of that's how it was originally intended to end. But I could be wrong.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Pancake Persona on January 14, 2014, 10:19:50 PM
i'd say the reason for this is because the movies assume you've already seen the tv series. do you really want to go to the theater to see the exact same thing scene-for-scene just with slightly enhanced animation?

the first movie is about 80 percent identical to the tv series and mostly diverges in the angel design. if they'd decided to only have tiny differences like that in the movies that followed, nobody would pay to see them because really what's the point

yes, the movies rush some scenes but it's because we know what the hell is supposed to happen. don't assume that the movies are meant to be reboots but instead a continuation of the series and that the universe is destined to restart every single time the final angel is killed and the movies are actually pretty good

i mean, imagine any other game or series that has time travel. e.g. majora's mask. if every time you went to the past should you have to completely redo every single thing before moving on to the next ? ? ? no because that's retarded and it's already forcing some shit to be redone and if it pushed it any more then there'd be no reason to play it. there's no reason to redo the first dungeon every time you enter dungeon 2 or 3 or 4. there's also no reason to spend hours showing shinji's emotional and psychological issues again because it's already been done and we understand it.

they really do assume that you've already seen the series. it's sort of like...rebuild is more like a partner series of movies. i don't really see enough proof to call them sequels, but at the very least, prior knowledge of the series is needed to truly enjoy the rebuilds imo.

but yeah, sort of going off on a tangent here, but i don't completely buy the sequel or kaworu time travel theories that are kinda running rampant

i mean, yeah kaworu hints that he's met shinji before in 3.0, but if the movies follow the continuity of the series, then kaworu would have no reason to be able to travel through time...kaworu is just a shell for adam's soul like rei is a shell for lilith's soul, and neither were shown to be capable of very much without the assistance of the evangelions until they were fused with their respective souls.

i'd be able to see kaworu as simply being able to remember that he had a previous life in a previous cycle, is evangelion truly is a completely cyclical story, i guess. if only because he is more or less an angel, even if he is an incomplete one. similarly, i'd be able to see time travel being a thing IF rebuild is a stand-alone film series with no direct connection to the series (because then it's its own continuity and anything is possible).

some of the weird little hints people uncovered in 2.0 are pretty interesting though, if the rebuilds truly are a sequel. the blood stain on the moon possibly being from EoE (from Lilith's neck), the sea already being red (instrumentality was already attempted??), stuff like that. but it's not too convincing yet.

atm i like to just think of rebuild as its own thing, a new side-story, simply a different telling of a similar story. but we'll see i guess. or more likely, we probably won't see. we'll probably never know for sure what the rebuilds are because i doubt anno intends to answer that question.

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

AegisReflector

anno didn't want to create anything nge related after the series ended, but gainax nevertheless released an ending movie just so fans who didn't get the last two episodes could get a sense of what happened from a more literal perspective. and i think the movies should have not been a necessity for the overall series to continue but thats imo.

Commander Fuckass

dbz is the best because of the staredowns and vein-pumping of opposing fighters and brief moments of shooting lasers from palms and lightning punching & kicking. The show is also complete with repeated grunts, groans, and constipation noises

it'd be better if the FCC dint get involved with censoring the blood, gore, foul images and cursing!!!
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

i can't even tell if you were trying to be funny or if you genuinely thought that would be a good post

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on January 15, 2014, 08:00:25 PM
i can't even tell if you were trying to be funny or if you genuinely thought that would be a good post
it's my legit opinion on dbz bro

Stop getting butthurt on my opinions dudeski
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

TooB

Someone once told me that dbz is actually a comedy, and not just an action show. Like apparently the action is also part of the comedy.

Samus Aran

but the action isn't funny so i'm not sure looking at it that way helps at all

Go Up