September 27, 2024, 04:23:52 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

bad feelings

Started by ncba93ivyase, January 04, 2014, 06:20:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

piano moths

friend zone is one of the dumbest phrases for maybe anything ever
kill them w kindness

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: eeeeeee on January 06, 2014, 09:55:43 PM
friend zone is one of the dumbest phrases for maybe anything ever

Yes, it is.

Quote from: udderfailure on January 06, 2014, 09:39:45 PM
It is to an extent

It's just a situation where one person wants to be in a relationship and the other person obviously doesn't. The term itself implies that one of the two people in the not-relationship (usually the "poor" guy) is some kind of victim because the other doesn't want to escalate things.

Labels labels labels.

Mando Pandango

I agree with boognish. If the man knows what's good for him, he'll just lay it all out there. Which I plan to do. Tomorrow. And I'm terrified. But there you go.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Daddy

The friendzone is a term used to place the blame on the other person when the person "being friendzoned" either:

a.) Can't/Won't just step up and say their feelings and expects the "Friendzoner" to somehow know  their feelings and become romantically accepting

and/or/then

b.) Keeps trying after the initial rejection of interest with the mindset "oh if i can show her/home how great of a friend I am then she/he will fall for me!!!!!!!!!"

These two are much more likely and common than a fictional "friendzone".   A person will have feelings for a friend for months without saying anything and get pissy over being in the "friendzone".  Then they finally grow some balls and make a move but get rejected.  This confirms their "friendzone" mentality, but they won't just give up here.  They must win their crush over through friendship~~~~  This also just feeds into their view that the friendzone is a true~ thing.

They're not a victim in this situation.

There is also a third situation that people might call the "friendzone":  He/She is using you, motherfucker. They like the free gifts, favors, and such you are doing for them and are using your feelings for them to get these.  They act like something has potential knowing nothing will ever happen
You are a victim here.  but it's not the friendzone. Just of a shitty "friend" using you.

??????

what if you just wanna place someone on pause indefinitely
i just don't want to be involved with them
but they're cool to hang out with :'(
just don't touch me

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: K L U X on January 07, 2014, 10:09:16 AM
just don't touch me
that first part sounds shitty but the last parts of the post are legit and would probably go over smoother with better phrasing of your intentions

Daddy

Quote from: K L U X on January 07, 2014, 10:09:16 AM
just don't touch me
b.

??????

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 07, 2014, 10:36:17 AM
that first part sounds shitty but the last parts of the post are legit and would probably go over smoother with better phrasing of your intentions
"let's be friends"
then suddenly, binge drinking on internet forums commences

Daddy

Quote from: K L U X on January 07, 2014, 10:58:51 AM
"let's be friends"
then suddenly, binge drinking on internet forums commences
giggle;

Go Up