April 18, 2024, 04:41:41 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Zelda spin-off "Hyrule Warriors" announced

Started by Samus Aran, December 18, 2013, 10:03:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 18, 2013, 04:43:11 PM
also is it just me or are the graphics kinda bad

i wouldn't say bad but certainly nothing impressive

bluaki

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on December 18, 2013, 04:45:19 PM
i wouldn't say bad but certainly nothing impressive
Yeah.

Compared to what people probably expect from the visuals of the real Wii U Zelda game, this certainly does look very disappointing. It's almost on par with Wii graphics.

Samus Aran

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 18, 2013, 04:54:52 PM
also, uh

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/dynasty+warriors/results

lol

i'm surprised it took you this long to post that tbh

but yeah dynasty warriors has had a rocky history of average or below average scores, it kinda survives on a cult following. it being zelda could make it a lot better, but we'll see. i'm really only hoping that it'll be a fun thing to play once it's cheap.

goowan

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm really doubting it'll be any better judging by what we've seen so far

mediocre ps2 hakkanslash with a zelda skin, hooray wii u is saved

anything zelda is great for building hype about the inevitable full zelda game and the wii u in general though i guess

ME##

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on December 18, 2013, 04:43:11 PM
also is it just me or are the graphics kinda bad
'hi, i'm a dynasty warrior game'

these games all have one singular purpose, cramming as many enemies onto the screen as possible

Hiro

Uh I don't think the graphics look bad at all, in fact I thought it looked like a fake cg video and not even a real game. However the scenery looks incredibly sparse and bland, and the constant re-use of the same enemies is dumb.
Still, Link's character model looks great, and seeing him use that staff again was by far the coolest part of that video.
I'm not a big fan of Dynasty Warriors-style gameplay though (that bomb-throwing was so dumb)
oh and that transition from Link opening a chest to the unfinished Times New Roman title was hilariously bad

TooB

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on December 18, 2013, 05:06:38 PM
i'm surprised it took you this long to post that tbh

but yeah dynasty warriors has had a rocky history of average or below average scores, it kinda survives on a cult following. it being zelda could make it a lot better, but we'll see. i'm really only hoping that it'll be a fun thing to play once it's cheap.

goowan

well you see, dw games aleays get bad scores cuz they hardly change from iteration to iteration
And people are tired of it.
And they release 4 versions of each number (empires, xtreme legends) and its a giant cash cow.
They are still fun but essentially the same

TooB

Also i agree with kaz, its nothingspecial but the graphics look good to me

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler=tentative japanese logo][/spoiler]

ME##

[spoiler]the first character looks like it has a bunch of anime sweat drops coming off it[/spoiler]

TooB

I have to be honest
I am legitimately optimistic about this.
I am looking forward to this.

don't let's

one of those levels they showed in the video for the new yoshi's island reminded of an old sonic level from how it looked. but maybe that was just the colors of it or something

Samus Aran

Go Up