BOYAH POKÉMON X/Y TOURNAMENT. (Status: FINISHED- BLUAKI WINS.)

Started by 6M69I69B9, October 26, 2013, 08:40:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Patrick Stickles

actually yeah you make a really good point
What the fuck was it for anyway?

bluaki

hm, I just thought of another kind of new alternate ruleset: Safari Cup
Compete only with freshly-caught still-level-30 Friend Safari Pokémon.

Would this be any good? confuseddood;

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: bluaki on October 28, 2013, 03:06:18 PM
hm, I just thought of another kind of new alternate ruleset: Safari Cup
Compete only with freshly-caught still-level-30 Friend Safari Pokémon.

Would this be any good? confuseddood;
how would you verify they are caught from the friend safari
I love [you]

Hippopo

Quote from: NotFelt on October 28, 2013, 04:49:39 PM
Honor system.

We're a small enough group to not be a bunch of cheaters (hopefully).

Hippopo

BTW, I'm pretty sure my internet is too horrible to sustain an entire battle.  It randomly shuts off every so often and then goes back on.

I would only be able to do this on Sunday evenings when I'm at my parent's house.

bluaki

Quote from: NotFelt on October 28, 2013, 04:49:39 PM
I'd say this can be determined much more reliably than the Wonder Tourney Hippo proposed.

Yes, mostly honor system, but also it can at least be verified that the Pokémon entering are lv30 and are among the list of Pokémon available from Friend Safari.

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on October 28, 2013, 02:41:50 PM
I'd go the other way and expect Eviolite to be banned in Little Cup

Especially with item clause, I'd expect the one pokemon holding eviolite on each team to have an excessive advantage over the others

agreed, while eviolite is THE item to use in little cup, that's probably exactly why we should just ban it lol

i'm also almost gonna be a stick in the mud here and say that maybe choice items shouldn't be allowed either. i mean how many of us have actually even done the battle maison yet? few of us probably have access to these items that have such huge tactical advantages lol

when it comes to a tourney this early, with only this many people, and not everyone's super into being competitive, i'm almost thinking that all battle maison held items should be illegal for this particular tourney. we can use them in a different, later one. they're just too powerful to be allowed right now imo.

bluaki

Can I use a Toxic Orb on my Breloom? >_<'

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on October 28, 2013, 06:45:10 PM
Can I use a Toxic Orb on my Breloom? >_<'
As long as it's not a gliscor n_u

Poison Heal gliscors ruin my days

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Patrick Stickles

okay yeah we need to like go over how this is going to happen for real more because it seems like some people are thinking it should be normal style tourney and others think it should be a "don't try too hard it's early" tourney

i like the idea of not holding maison items if not only because that means i can stop grinding the maison like i was and start training the mons i want to use

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on October 29, 2013, 07:56:47 AM
okay yeah we need to like go over how this is going to happen for real more because it seems like some people are thinking it should be normal style tourney and others think it should be a "don't try too hard it's early" tourney

i like the idea of not holding maison items if not only because that means i can stop grinding the maison like i was and start training the mons i want to use

for now just normal.  lol.  at least for my tourney.

QUESTION:  WOULD YOU ALL LIKE TO EXCLUDE MEGA EVOLUTIONS SINCE IT'S UNCLEAR FOR MOST OF THE MEGA EVOLUTIONS' STATUS ON BEING "UBER?"  YES OR NO?  (Can't make a fucking poll.)

Also, would you guys like an extension on how much time we have?  lol i couldn't focus on my team because i've been busy with personal shit and school and i only got like one pokemon prepared

idk
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Patrick Stickles

i'm okay with excluding all megas actually that makes some sense

YPrrrr

Im okay without megas. I was dreading someone having a mega alakazam. Now I dont have to run sucker punch

Im pretty sure im going to lose but id like to start asap. Keep trying to get a battle but everyone has to perfect their evs first...

Go Up