April 16, 2024, 01:19:04 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what foodstuffs are you good at making?

Started by Commander Fuckass, October 05, 2013, 01:50:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

October 05, 2013, 01:50:39 PM Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 05:32:31 PM by Kefka
I make some great apple butter. I use red delicious or granny smith apples

Stuffed peppers are another speciality

What about you guys
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Snowy

I make really good baked ziti and really good French toast pb and j sandwiches.

Classic

Whatever people ask of me, I guess.

I really specialize in Italian and Mexican food.

chainsaw unicorn

Potato salad
Spicy pepper soup
Matzoh ball soup
Pastrami on rye
Pierogi
Gogol mogol
Kasha
I'm obnoxious, motherfucka can't you tell
Run through Little Havana yelling 'Viva Fidel'
Jerking off at the sheets when I stay at hotels
Drinking Bacardi at AA meetings, smoking a L
I'm broke as hell my attitude is no good
Like working for white people after watching rosewood
So I'm a mercenary, I don't care how I get richer
Like American companies that did business with Hitler

piano moths

i can make food well in general. i make whatever i feel like eating. i only cook vegetarian food cus i dont wanna touch meat. Im really good at homemade mac and cheese and pretty good at riceballs or at least those are two things i commonly make.
kill them w kindness

chainsaw unicorn

I don't get the big deal with touching meat. It's gross at first but then you get used to it. My mom always has me make that spicy pepper soup with leftover chicken breast, shit is cash
I'm obnoxious, motherfucka can't you tell
Run through Little Havana yelling 'Viva Fidel'
Jerking off at the sheets when I stay at hotels
Drinking Bacardi at AA meetings, smoking a L
I'm broke as hell my attitude is no good
Like working for white people after watching rosewood
So I'm a mercenary, I don't care how I get richer
Like American companies that did business with Hitler

Snowy

Quote from: eeeeeee on October 06, 2013, 10:23:01 PM
i can make food well in general. i make whatever i feel like eating. i only cook vegetarian food cus i dont wanna touch meat. Im really good at homemade mac and cheese and pretty good at riceballs or at least those are two things i commonly make.
how do you make your riceballs? I've always wanted to make them.

piano moths

Quote from: Snowy on October 07, 2013, 09:17:00 PM
how do you make your riceballs? I've always wanted to make them.

i actually learned from Grant. It's super easy tho. he learned from a video that maybe he would be able to tell you about, and i've been doing it from memory since then. my first thing to put in the middle is fried tofu + mushrooms btu i havent tried to make any sweet ones yet
kill them w kindness

LCK

Well I'm a kitchen manager/ head cook and I've been cooking nonstop for the last 2 years and intermittently for the past 7. 
My current specialties would be anything breakfast. Oooohhh a really good eggs Benedict with a rich and creamy hollandaise. I'll whip that up any time.

I'm also pretty amazing at cleaning,  preparing, and cooking steaks. Especially for a vegetarian. Tenderloin steaks off a freshly cleaned tenderloin look so scrumptious. So does a freshly trimmed ribeye. The Asians at the uni are in love with my ribeyes. I think they consider it a great cultural experience of traditional American fare and just need to order one of the more expensive steaks. Always tenderized before service ad perfectly seasoned.

As for my traditional fallbacks, ill always go for some homemade sweet and sour chicken, any sort of stir fry, wontons, or egg rolls.  All of which can be fancied up with any sort of ingredients you want. Play the field bitches
As for specifically vegetarian foods, I make delicious black bean burgers. Every restaurant I've seen try to make those home made fails miserably. It just ends up being nothing but a mass of fried black bean and bread crumb. You need to add substance you dumbfucks. It's for VEGEtarians. Cut it with all the veg you can find! Cut the bread crumbs with some seeds or oats and don't fuck up the seasoning.

Sweet and sour tofu is a great one too. Just requires heavily pressing and drying out the tofu and frying it. And I'll make either a traditional tomato based s&s sauce, or a yummy lemon and orange citrus based nom nom.

There's so much more. I should start a list.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I make a lot of soups or bulky stir-fries or casseroles, mostly.
Stuff that comes with a lot of left-overs so I don't have to cook on days where I have class and work from 6.am to around 8 or 9pm.

Hiro

October 21, 2013, 12:45:43 AM #10 Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:51:03 AM by who
I was going to say onigiri! Here's that video:
[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcVKUWD6PJE[/youtube][/spoiler]

Though really you don't need to do any of that stuff, that's just my favorite kind to have. (with mushrooms inside) They're good with just plain sushi rice too, and something inside. (chicken is another good filling)
I have right amounts of everything in teaspoons, cups, etc. written down for the ones in the video if you'd like them though.

Sweet ones are tricky, though I've only done it once. I cooked the rice in sugar water, and it was sweeter and all but I think I just prefer savory dinner-type ones.

I can also make steak and  burgers pretty well. I don't cook a whole lot myself and I'm bad at coming up with meals to make based on the food I have, but I've helped make dinner since I was little so as far as execution, following recipes, and seasoning things, I'm pretty decent.

Hiro

often the smell of those will just pop into my head and it's really comforting
one of  my favorite foods

ME##

Erhm, we just call those doughnuts, Hiroman

Hiro

October 21, 2013, 12:59:58 AM #13 Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:39:39 PM by David
this one's good for other ideas:
[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj8MFKdUH7I[/youtube][/spoiler]
this video also shows you how to shape it better

I love both these youtube channels

Go Up