psychiatric drugs; liked to (almost) every mass killing in america since the 70s

Started by hobbit, September 24, 2013, 12:19:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: hobbit on September 24, 2013, 06:48:52 PM
I was legitimately depressed from age 12-21. I wanted to kill myself almost everyday. but I got over it, not because of drugs but because I made a decision to change my life and put it in a new direction.

if you haven't already, read the articles I posted. the US takes more antidepressants than any country and has the greatest number of mass shooting. I haven't heard anything about it yet, but i'm willing to bet money that this navy yard shooter was on psychotropic drugs.

Meaning you went through the proper channels and were diagnosed, correct?
It's great you were able to turn your life around and everything, but some people physically can't.

As far as Aaron Alexis's case goes, the guy had a violent history, a few arrests and reportedly suffered from PTSD (not saying that that's a trigger or anything). If anything, the discourse there should be how fucking abysmal the VA is in offering support.

I'm not disputing the fact that our country is over-medicated, but I think it's a little too simple to just sit back and pass off the blame for these shootings and attacks on the medication. It's kind of silly to yank out one potential correlation and immediately condemn...

strongbad

Quote from: hobbit on September 24, 2013, 06:48:52 PM
I was legitimately depressed from age 12-21. I wanted to kill myself almost everyday. but I got over it, not because of drugs but because I made a decision to change my life and put it in a new direction.

if you haven't already, read the articles I posted. the US takes more antidepressants than any country and has the greatest number of mass shooting. I haven't heard anything about it yet, but i'm willing to bet money that this navy yard shooter was on psychotropic drugs.

Correlation =/= causation

Go Up