April 23, 2024, 02:00:12 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Calculus easier than Algebra?

Started by chainsaw unicorn, September 18, 2013, 08:23:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

chainsaw unicorn

Did anyone else find that Calculus is easier than Algebra?

After I barely passed Algebra 2 (mostly thanks to homework), everyone told me that I'd die in Calculus. Yet I took Calculus and it was actually not that bad at all. Algebra 2 you need to get a whole shitload of new formulas to memorize, yet in Calculus it's pretty much the same formulas over and over again. Also Trigonometry is pretty easy, and it's usually bundled with Calculus
I'm obnoxious, motherfucka can't you tell
Run through Little Havana yelling 'Viva Fidel'
Jerking off at the sheets when I stay at hotels
Drinking Bacardi at AA meetings, smoking a L
I'm broke as hell my attitude is no good
Like working for white people after watching rosewood
So I'm a mercenary, I don't care how I get richer
Like American companies that did business with Hitler

ncba93ivyase

HiGh schOOL calc or cOLLege calc

Because college calc is worse because the professors are all chinese and like making poor american kids suffer

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Mando Pandango

calculus is where i started doing shitty but that might be because i never did homework or go to class
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Wrench

Algebra was infinitely easier for me. Fuck Calculus.

Snowy

I was way better at calc that algebra. My grades were way higher and I understood way more.

Nyerp

it's easier because you already know algebra

YPrrrr

I mean if you put an algebra problem and a calculus problem side by side I think basically everyone would find it easier to deal with the algebra provided it's the middle school version you're talking about

reeper

Calculus is not intuitive, at least when I've heard it explained by teachers/professors.

Plus in my experience calculus usually involves e^x, sine, cosine, and some easy to forget rules like chain rule or l'hosptial or whathaveyou.

Go Up