April 18, 2024, 05:13:43 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Official Smash 4 Discussion Thread (Join our weekly SMASH!)

Started by strongbad, May 31, 2013, 12:30:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

Favorite Character?

Fox
1 (33.3%)
Link
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

Samus Aran

a couple of his moves seem slightly powered up, other than that i don't notice a difference really

6M69I69B9

79% fg winrate for last 100 battles

bring it niqqas
(but only for 3ds ugh)

won last 9/10 battles

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on April 17, 2015, 03:54:43 AM
mewtwo plays just like in melee except maybe slower? idk
a bit more floaty.  upsmash can ko better, confusion doesn't work in midair anymore.  his up throw's also a good ko move. 

less room for combos b/c follow up is p. bad.  half the time i can't do a downthrow and do a forward smash lame af

i think he's avg at best.  but i met one guy on fg that totally wrecked my shit.

i also got mewtwo- kinda fun to play, well considering he's new & all
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

YPrrrr

Definitely seems stronger. Still not a high tier character but I only got to play as him once at Hiro's so what do I know.

Also non-omega stages are so annoying holy hell

bluaki

Quote from: YPR Classic on April 20, 2015, 07:59:51 PM
Also non-omega stages are so annoying holy hell
In both Brawl and Smash 4, I think a most of the regular stages are problematic, but not all of them.

Stage bosses are the worst: Wily's Castle, Gaur Plains (<=4P), Pyrosphere (<=4P)
Stage hazards are fairly bad: 75m, Wrecking Crew, Orbital Gate Assault, Gamer, Garden of Hope, Kalos League, Mushroom Kingdom U (Nabbit), Flat Zone, Norfair (<=4P)
Some stage hazards aren't as bad: Boxing Ring, Halberd, Mario Circuit (Brawl ver, <=4P), Port Town, Onett
I don't like stages that absorb my attacks: Luigi's Mansion (<=4P), Skyworld
Too big: Great Cave, Palutena's Temple
Scrolling stage: Pac-Land
Blocks launches: Mario Circuit (MK8 ver)
Segmented battle: Jungle Hijinx
Transforming stages sometimes drop you into near certain death: Castle Siege
Conveyor Belts: Pokémon Stadium 2

I don't mind tour levels, but some people do: Skyloft, Wuhu Island, Delfino
I also don't mind walk-off stages: Mario Galaxy, Bridge of Eldin, Yoshi's Island, Mario Circuit (Brawl ver, >4P), Coliseum, Wii Fit

The remaining stages I can't imagine any problems with are: Battlefield, Big Battlefield, Final Destination, Town & City, Smashville, Duck Hunt, Pilot Wings, Windy Hill, Wooly World, Kongo Jungle 64, Lylat Cruise, Temple
Some of the problematic stages lose their only issues when played with more than 4 players: Pyrosphere, Luigi's Mansion, Gaur Plain, Norfair

12 out of the 40 selectable stages isn't too bad, but it could certainly be better.
Only 7 of them bug me enough to disable them in random stage selection: 75m, Wrecking Crew, Flat Zone, Wily Castle, Pac-Land, Skyworld, and Great Cave

Samus Aran

of the stage boss levels, i actually like gaur plain a lot, but the others not so much

imo great cave offensive is the worst stage in the entire series lol

Nyerp

TooB

I wish gerudo valley was in wii u version. and it has a way better pac man stage.
and the spirit tracks stage is pretty alright.

bluaki

Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2015, 10:09:45 PM
how are the 3ds version stages?
Using mostly the same categories I listed for the Wii U stages:

Stage bosses: Wily's Castle, Magicant (not quite a boss?)
Worse stage hazards: Flat Zone 2, Unova League, Balloon Fight, Pictochat 2
Not as bad stage hazards: Rainbow Road, Gerudo Valley, Spirit Train, Brinstar, Boxing Ring, Distant Planet, Living Room
Scrolling: 3D Land, Mushroomy Kingdom
Better scrolling levels (spends more time still than in motion): Dream Land
Collectibles gimmick: Golden Plains, Pac-Maze
Powerups gimmick: WarioWare, Find Mii
Transformation: Paper Mario, Reset Bomb Forest

Tour: Prism Tower
Walk-off: Green Hill Zone

No issues that I know of: Battlefield, Final Destination, Jungle Japes, Corneria, Yoshi's Island, Mute City (SNES), Arena Ferox, Tortimer Island, Tomodachi Life, Gaur Plain (no boss in 3DS version)

I put 10 out of the 34 3DS stages in the "no issues" category. That might sound worse than the Wii U version, but I think it might in other ways be better: most of those other stages have pretty minor issues; the majority of stage hazards are very easy to see coming, easy to avoid without distracting you much from the battle, and unlikely to kill you.

Nyerp

bluaki

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on April 20, 2015, 09:00:10 PM
of the stage boss levels, i actually like gaur plain a lot, but the others not so much

imo great cave offensive is the worst stage in the entire series lol
I think Gaur Plain is better just because its boss doesn't stay around as long nor affect the battle as much. But I don't actually like the arrangement of its platforms that much; it really seems that some fighters are a much better match for it than others. Items are also very likely to fall into the pit immediately after spawning.

I wanted to like Great Cave Offensive. I like the idea of a large stage that fixes the issue of not being able to launch people by adding hazard zones that kill if you're launched at them hard enough. But a lot of details about it don't work that great in reality. And the mine cart certainly doesn't help.

I'd say 75m is easily the worst stage in the entire series. I was disappointed to see it return in SSBU.

bluaki

Quote from: Nyerp on April 21, 2015, 12:11:59 AM
blu why do u never play smash wii u with us
because I get more than enough smash playing with people in real life
also because when they happen I usually either didn't know or have other things to do at the time

I've actually still never played Smash U online at all n_u

Nyerp

they happen basically every friday night just so u know

anyway why do replays even exist when they all break upon updating your game

fuck you nintendo

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on April 21, 2015, 12:00:28 AM
Quote from: Nyerp on April 20, 2015, 10:09:45 PM
how are the 3ds version stages?
Using mostly the same categories I listed for the Wii U stages:

Stage bosses: Wily's Castle, Magicant (not quite a boss?)
Worse stage hazards: Flat Zone 2, Unova League, Balloon Fight, Pictochat 2
Not as bad stage hazards: Rainbow Road, Gerudo Valley, Spirit Train, Brinstar, Boxing Ring, Distant Planet, Living Room
Scrolling: 3D Land, Mushroomy Kingdom
Better scrolling levels (spends more time still than in motion): Dream Land
Collectibles gimmick: Golden Plains, Pac-Maze
Powerups gimmick: WarioWare, Find Mii
Transformation: Paper Mario, Reset Bomb Forest

Tour: Prism Tower
Walk-off: Green Hill Zone

No issues that I know of: Battlefield, Final Destination, Jungle Japes, Corneria, Yoshi's Island, Mute City (SNES), Arena Ferox, Tortimer Island, Tomodachi Life, Gaur Plain (no boss in 3DS version)

I put 10 out of the 34 3DS stages in the "no issues" category. That might sound worse than the Wii U version, but I think it might in other ways be better: most of those other stages have pretty minor issues; the majority of stage hazards are very easy to see coming, easy to avoid without distracting you much from the battle, and unlikely to kill you.
Paper Mario has the worst transformation I've ever seen

Two tiny platforms with a rotating Bowser head between them with few edges to grab. It discourages any real movement between combatants

Go Up