April 23, 2024, 08:16:28 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

A taste of David Bowie

Started by Andrew1911, April 23, 2007, 07:48:05 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

I like the Speed of Life, tis very good gentleman;

But not a big Bowie fan in general.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 23, 2007, 09:59:20 PM
What album should I get first by him? Already got the greatest hits and was thinking of Ziggy Stardust.

NO GREATEST HITS

Seriously, there are pretty poor in getting Bowie's best songs. Get Hunky Dory and possibly Low or Ziggy Stardust. Low is not easy to get into at first. It takes a while but Ziggy is easier to get into. Also, if neither, Station to Station.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Bushybrow on April 24, 2007, 12:04:24 PM
No magic dance or let's dance? GTFO

Magic Dance? Ew. PLZ STOP POSTING SHITTY BOWIE SONGS IN THIS THREAD.

Let's Dance isn't even part of his ten best albums.

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Andrew1911 on April 24, 2007, 02:39:12 PM
What album should I get first by him? Already got the greatest hits and was thinking of Ziggy Stardust.

NO GREATEST HITS

Seriously, there are pretty poor in getting Bowie's best songs. Get Hunky Dory and possibly Low or Ziggy Stardust. Low is not easy to get into at first. It takes a while but Ziggy is easier to get into. Also, if neither, Station to Station.

I'll get Ziggy first then. hur;

Andrew1911

Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 24, 2007, 09:03:47 PM

NO GREATEST HITS

No, Hunky Dory.

Samus Aran

ASHES TO ASHES
FUNK TO FUNKY
WE KNOW MAJOR TOM'S A JUNKIE

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Andrew1911 on April 25, 2007, 03:33:24 PM

NO GREATEST HITS

No, Hunky Dory.

Alright, alright.

Andrew1911

Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 25, 2007, 08:10:40 PM
Quote from: Andrew1911 on April 25, 2007, 03:33:24 PM

NO GREATEST HITS

No, Hunky Dory.

Alright, alright.

Hooray. Listen to Andy Warhol, Life on Mars?, Queen Bitch, and... You know what? Just the entire album is excellent.

Samus Aran

Been listening to a lot of Bowie lately myself. I wanted to get Space Oddity or Hunky Dory while I was at Mall of America, but for some reason I couldn't find either of those albums. In fact, all that was there was a shitty best of album.

Listening to "Queen Bitch" right now.  wub;

Andrew1911

Quote from: Kaz on April 26, 2007, 05:28:13 PM
Been listening to a lot of Bowie lately myself. I wanted to get Space Oddity or Hunky Dory while I was at Mall of America, but for some reason I couldn't find either of those albums. In fact, all that was there was a shitty best of album.

Space Oddity is definetly not an album you want to buy when first listening to Bowie. Wait till you listen to the Berlin Trilogy, Hunky Dory, Scary Monsters, Ziggy Stardust, Station to Station, Heathen, Earthling, Diamond Dogs, and others before Space Oddity.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Andrew1911 on April 26, 2007, 05:31:15 PM

Space Oddity is definetly not an album you want to buy when first listening to Bowie. Wait till you listen to the Berlin Trilogy, Hunky Dory, Scary Monsters, Ziggy Stardust, Station to Station, Heathen, Earthling, Diamond Dogs, and others before Space Oddity.

Why? Too weird? Or will it make me not like his other stuff as much?  v;

Andrew1911

Quote from: Kaz on April 26, 2007, 05:33:39 PM

It's not a good album. It's only got Cygent Committiee, Space Oddity, Memory of a Free Festival, and some others I forget. Actually, it's good but Bowie has done far better albums.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Andrew1911 on April 26, 2007, 05:39:15 PM
Quote from: Kaz on April 26, 2007, 05:33:39 PM

It's not a good album. It's only got Cygent Committiee, Space Oddity, Memory of a Free Festival, and some others I forget. Actually, it's good but Bowie has done far better albums.

Oh I see. I guess I wanted it mostly for Space Oddity, because I'm pretty much obsessed with that song. But yeah, I really wanted to pick up Hunky Dory as well. I guess I'll order it online sometime when I have a bit more money.

Samus Aran

I just ordered Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust. I might get them by next Wednesday  wub;

Andrew1911

Quote from: Kaz on April 27, 2007, 07:41:49 PM
I just ordered Hunky Dory and Ziggy Stardust. I might get them by next Wednesday  wub;

DAMMIT, YOU SHOULD HAVE ORDERED LOW INSTEAD OF ZIGGY STARDUST  argh;

Go Up