April 18, 2024, 11:09:36 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

tabblet diskuscion

Started by PLEASEHELP1991, April 17, 2013, 05:20:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PLEASEHELP1991

my mom wants to purchase a tablet and she's decided she wants either an ipad mini or a kindle fire
which one should she get
I love [you]

ME##

She should get a stone tablet. 

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Alison Goldfrapp on April 17, 2013, 05:20:17 PM
my mom wants to purchase a tablet and she's decided she wants either an ipad mini or a kindle fire
which one should she get

Why not the ol' nexus seven?

Socks

Get the normal iPad. The mini is just mini. I've had mine for 6 months now and although I just use it for simple things, it's really convenient and I've encountered zero issues with it.

snoorkel

of those two i'd probably choose kindle...

im getting an Asus trAnsformer (for gf) soon. lenovo's Ideatabs w/ android are kind of nice too but they should be more powerful (they should all be more powerful)

silvertone

strongbad

is there anything better than a nexus 7 for the price right now? i'm thinking about getting one

PLEASEHELP1991

i don't like the nexus 7 or android as a platform at all because it doesn't have that many apps that are optimized for tablets
I love [you]

snoorkel

Quote from: ilovesloths on May 09, 2013, 10:53:04 AM
is there anything better than a nexus 7 for the price right now? i'm thinking about getting one

yes

strongbad

Quote from: Comfortdog on May 09, 2013, 09:28:29 PM
yes

care to elaborate?
i like the size a lot. anything bigger seems excessive

Daddy

I have the Asus Transformer Infinity

strongbad

May 11, 2013, 08:55:05 AM #12 Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:54:48 AM by ilovesloths
Quote from: Khadafi on May 10, 2013, 05:01:30 PM

thats like way more money than the nexus 7

i'm eyeing the galaxy tab 2

snoorkel

Quote from: Khadafi on May 10, 2013, 05:01:30 PM

do you like it? I bought one for vulpix online yesterday. am i going to be ridiculed.

Quote from: ilovesloths on May 10, 2013, 08:38:36 AM
care to elaborate?
i like the size a lot. anything bigger seems excessive

it seems great for the price if you want a smaller tablet. i chose Asus Transformer over Nexus 10 for the better CPU and because it has capabilities closer to a 'real pc' but that might not be what everyone wants tablets for

Daddy

It's great.  My friend also bought one and put a custom rom on it. The rom lets you increase the DPI since apparently Asus's ROM doesn't max out.

Go Up