September 20, 2024, 11:50:26 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

yume nikki

Started by ncba93ivyase, March 12, 2013, 03:09:36 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

have you ever felt like you were wandering around in a dream world and nothing was real

around july/august of last year, me and some friends took a walk in the forest around 2 am. for most of the walk we were completely blind, but we came across a small manmade lake after a half hour of wandering. it was surrounded by dimly glowing lamps and as we passed under each one, it flicked out. it played out like a scripted event and it felt like we'd stepped onto another planet

we kept walking and found a trail with disemboweled mammals and it was pretty neat

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

did u try using the lamp effect

i wouldn't say i've ever really felt that sensation though, no. except, like, sometimes i've been so exhausted that i'd get to that point where you're constantly in and out of wakefulness and after a while you cant really tell if you're awake or not anymore

silvertone

m y life feels like a nightmare

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Hiro

one time i was staring at my closet and the wood grain on the door made it look like the whole thing was melting

Hiro

i also felt this way when i was kicking ass in uncharted

ME##

Quote from: Snack Dad on March 12, 2013, 03:31:11 PM
i also felt this way when i was kicking ass in uncharted
were you on the drugs talbot gives drake in u3

??????

constantly yes
if i look at something and knock out my focus, i can engulf it into fantasy and try to re-interpret what i'm seeing through new lenses
it's very tricky
it's similar to self-induced hypnagogic hallucinations
i have a greater chance to induce it before sleep, but it's tricky as hell since i can slip up and drift onto deep sleep

also it helps that there's a loose screw in my head according to everyone who isn't silvertone/snorkel

silvertone

Quote from: Clucky on March 12, 2013, 04:24:51 PM
it's similar to self-induced hypnagogic hallucinations

ugh i hate this so much.... i hate lying in bed and 'feeling ' myself going to sleep

??????

Quote from: silvertone on March 12, 2013, 04:32:36 PM
ugh i hate this so much.... i hate lying in bed and 'feeling ' myself going to sleep
WHY

silvertone

my lucid dreams are always bring about the worst night mares!! they arent really lucid they are just "self aware dreams"

??????

Quote from: silvertone on March 12, 2013, 04:37:51 PM
my lucid dreams are always bring about the worst night mares!! they arent really lucid they are just "self aware dreams"
u r suppose 2 control them
self aware is a step behind lucidity
but Do Not Worry
i can't lucid dream either
i can only make incredibly vivid picture thoughts before sleep

whenever i become self aware in a dream i don't know what to do and let my dream re-continue lol

silvertone

Quote from: Clucky on March 12, 2013, 04:51:36 PM
u r suppose 2 control them
self aware is a step behind lucidity
but Do Not Worry
i can't lucid dream either
i can only make incredibly vivid picture thoughts before sleep

whenever i become self aware in a dream i don't know what to do and let my dream re-continue lol

when i can just let the dream continue it is ~a saving grace from a nightmare~
i like the Vivid Picture Thoughts, but that 'rush feeling' going of going to sleep is ...not .. feel good

Classic

I have some very odd dreams that sometime seem to sink in reality...I'll see someone/someone in a dream and sometimes wake up to see them there. When I turn on the lamp, they're gone.

Now, when I DON'T wake up and continue dreaming, things start to get weird and morbid.

Perhaps I'll start a dream diary.

Samus Aran

Quote from: ClassicTyler on March 12, 2013, 07:05:11 PM
Perhaps I'll start a dream diary.

i just started doing this today

no entry yet, as i couldn't remember last night's :(

Go Up