July 04, 2024, 11:06:43 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

S-sony new console extravaganza

Started by ME##, February 19, 2013, 04:31:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

Quote from: Kefka on February 22, 2013, 07:51:26 PM

anyway has sony stated when they're going to reveal what the console looks like  akudood;

Samus Aran

Classic

There's no way this will be under $450 for the premium.

Unless they want to lose more money. But then again, everyone is doing that in the game industry these days.

Snowy

Quote from: Kefka on February 22, 2013, 07:51:26 PM
lol oh god
snowy needs a break from the internet for a looooooooooooong while.
~irony~

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Snowy on February 22, 2013, 09:49:36 PM
~irony~
tell me how i need a break from the internet even with my limited internet resources
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

Snowy

Quote from: Kefka on February 22, 2013, 10:04:49 PM
tell me how i need a break from the internet even with my limited internet resources
I just find it rather ironic that you're telling me that I need a break from the internet after one little incident after you were perpetually grumpy and rude to everyone here. n_n

I just got a good laugh from it.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

bluaki

http://www.theverge.com/2013/2/22/4017222/sony-says-ps4-cloud-features-are-aspirational

Sony might as well be saying: Hey, guys, you know those features we spent an entire press conference talking about? They're just the result of our brainstorming and our console might not actually have them. Even at this seemingly pathetic progress we totally will release the console by the end of the year.

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: bluaki on February 22, 2013, 07:29:27 PM
Does Apple really grant the expectation to transfer all apps across devices and keep purchases when a device is lost?
I might not be especially familiar with it, but with what I've used of iOS and iTunes, it seems set up in some confusing way that unreliably may or may not keep track of which items you have purchased in a record which may or may not be consistent across Apple servers and your computer and iDevice.
Yes. It takes up one of the five authorized devices if you lose one device.
I love [you]

ME##

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/7932429/sony_ps4_controller_8_1020_verge_super_wide.jpg

is it just me or does the finish that surrounds the face buttons look like it would be better suited to the touch area? befuddlement

don't let's

All the future fingerprints and scratches

ME##

http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/27/4153760/playstation-4-interface-accounts-social-functionality-dualshock-eye-gdc-2013

i should have looked at polygon earlier lol

why couldn't sony have just released screen shots of what the user interface looks like instead of just forcing them to try to describe it?  awdood; and why all this love for ''''real'''' names all of the sudden?

QuoteThe light bar on the controller will be illuminated in a color that represents which player's controller it is: blue for player 1, red for player 2, green for player 3 and pink for player 4 â€" like the X, circle, triangle and square face buttons.

eh, okay.  i guess sony's taking away the ability to play with seven players on one console cry;

QuoteAccording to Norden, few PS3 developers bothered to make use of the analog buttons. The DualShock 4's touchpad features a 1920x900 resolution, and it will click when you push it down.

ugh why does this worthless feature have to also have a button

bluaki

Except for pink, those other colors match what I've seen in plenty of other games; they use yellow for P4.

Of course, the only games that come to mind for me are Nintendo ones, like SSB (which uses a slightly different order?), Mario Party, and Pokemon Stadium. Also, four swords uses purple instead of pink or yellow.

Why would sony order the buttons X, O, triangle, square? I thought O is more of a 'first' button in Japan than X.

Quote from: Dovydas on March 28, 2013, 07:46:26 PM
eh, okay.  i guess sony's taking away the ability to play with seven players on one console cry;
There actually are games that implement more than four players?
Doesn't the DualShock 3 have a LED player indicator that's also limited to four?

The 7 limit is due to the bluetooth spec, which also is shared with accessories like headsets

Quote from: Dovydas on March 28, 2013, 07:46:26 PM
ugh why does this worthless feature have to also have a button
People actually advertise the resolution of touchpads? The hand interfacing with any touchpad is too imprecise for touch measurement of significant precision to be of any use.
Maybe they intend people to use it similar to a PC trackpad, using the pushing functionality similarly to a mouse click.
I feel like this feature is consistent with their existing analogue stick click

ME##

Quote from: bluaki on March 29, 2013, 11:51:06 PM
Except for pink, those other colors match what I've seen in plenty of other games; they use yellow for P4.

Of course, the only games that come to mind for me are Nintendo ones, like SSB (which uses a slightly different order?), Mario Party, and Pokemon Stadium. Also, four swords uses purple instead of pink or yellow.

Why would sony order the buttons X, O, triangle, square? I thought O is more of a 'first' button in Japan than X.
There actually are games that implement more than four players?
Doesn't the DualShock 3 have a LED player indicator that's also limited to four?

The 7 limit is due to the bluetooth spec, which also is shared with accessories like headsets
People actually advertise the resolution of touchpads? The hand interfacing with any touchpad is too imprecise for touch measurement of significant precision to be of any use.
Maybe they intend people to use it similar to a PC trackpad, using the pushing functionality similarly to a mouse click.
I feel like this feature is consistent with their existing analogue stick click

maybe the led strip's first colour is region dependant?  the japanese playstation site just uses the same press images so it's hard to tell. 

and yeah, but most of the games that use all seven bluetooth devices for controllers are mostly sports games.  and for the higher number players it lights up 1&4 for five and so on. 

and yeah, the touch pad will probably be almost never used. 

[spoiler]oh god i hope it's not used for navigating the console's main menu ugly;[/spoiler]

Go Up