June 30, 2024, 11:47:48 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

S-sony new console extravaganza

Started by ME##, February 19, 2013, 04:31:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: May on February 20, 2013, 07:53:36 PM
my goodness, you may be right! how silly of me!  O_0

O_0

O_0

O_0
btw that post wasn't meant to be taken seriously
I love [you]

Nyerp

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snack Dad on February 20, 2013, 07:40:58 PM
why lol
at least I'll be able to plug my headphones into the controller when I'm playing UNCH4RTED with you guys at night

it's the speaker and their promotion of it that i find unbelievable, not the headphone jack lol

Hiro

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 20, 2013, 09:03:07 PM
it's the speaker and their promotion of it that i find unbelievable, not the headphone jack lol
honestly, and why could they not just put a mic into the controller anyways
I really don't see what they'll use the speaker for though
But since it comes with the camera which has microphones on it, everyone should be able to use voice chat without having to buy a headset anyways
at first I thought the headphone jack was dumb, but if it is indeed 3.5mm I could see myself using it quite a bit at night

Kalahari Inkantation

February 20, 2013, 11:47:24 PM #126 Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:33:49 AM by HumuHumu...Tec
Quote from: Snack Dad on February 20, 2013, 07:17:33 PM
well that's a stupid comparison
we're talking ram for the whole system, not just for a graphics card
also that price is for the entire card, not just the memory
and I may be wrong but I think they would get a bigger discount than 50%

gddrx is used exclusively in graphics cards, though (hence the 'g'), so it's not like i can separate the cost of the ram from the cost of the rest of the card lol

(ddrx is the type ram you can find standalone)

sony specifically said they'd be using gddr5, meaning it has to be part of the gpu, which i guess the cpu will be able to borrow from when necessary

which would be an extremely expensive and unorthodox setup

the only 8gb gddr5 graphics card i can find:

http://www.amazon.com/nVidia-Computing-Processing-Module-Kepler/dp/B009ADXDSE/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1361432737&sr=1-3&keywords=gddr5

goowan

of course sony won't be using anything nearly that advanced but it won't be cheap for either consumers or sony no matter what

Kalahari Inkantation

WHICH LEADS ME RIGHT BACK TO THE INITIAL QUESTION: HOW THE HELL ARE THEY/WE PAYING FOR THIS

because between the ps4 hardware itself, the new controller, and the kinect kinect, the only way this could possibly be sold at $430/$530 is if they take yet another massive loss

maybe they plan to have this thing either make them or break them because if it flounders like the ps3 did they're goners goowan

Hiro

I really do feel like they went with more standardized technology to cut costs, and I really hope they learned they lesson from FIFE HUNDRED NINETY-NINE US DOLLARS, but my guess is that they will sell at pretty close to a loss if not a very minor one, and sell the system at $400 for 32GB model and $500 for 500GB or something along those lines.

Also my new opinion of the conference:
thumbup; - Games look decent enough, system overall seems solid, and in general they didn't fuck everything up
thumbdown; - Nothing in particular was very exciting or surprising, didn't show the system, """new""" logo is horrific
Overall - I definitely want one and look forward to seeing more of it, but I'm not particularly hyped.

Hiro

Better pictures of the camera: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/21/dualshock-4-revealed-pushing-the-boundaries-of-play/
Looks like each cube sections is either a camera or a mic, so 2 cameras and 4 microphones, and then that little nob on the right end to adjust the angle I guess.

also here you can get a better look at the bottom of it, where you can see two different ports:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I really don't know what you would use that "expansion" port for or why

Commander Fuckass

I want one.

Also Blizzard out with the release of Diablo III for PS3 pls argh;
you've already said it was coming so give me the damn release date so I can get my PS3 fixed before hand argh;

diablo 3 + boyagers = Diablo III gaymin nights y/y
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Kefka on February 21, 2013, 06:40:01 AM
I want one.

Also Blizzard out with the release of Diablo III for PS3 pls argh;
you've already said it was coming so give me the damn release date so I can get my PS3 fixed before hand argh;

diablo 3 + boyagers = Diablo III gaymin nights y/y
i doubt anyone wants to play anything other than uncharted 2
I love [you]

ME##

i can't wait for final fantasy versus xiii xv at e3 y/n

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

looks like my ps4 might finally be able to play 1080p games vuvudood;

Go Up