June 30, 2024, 11:44:48 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

S-sony new console extravaganza

Started by ME##, February 19, 2013, 04:31:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snack Dad on February 20, 2013, 07:22:00 PM
so from what I can find the graphics hardware is about on par with something you could get for a pc in 2008

this is what i feared

junk gpu and cpu to compensate for the ram price which totally defeats the purpose of having all that ram in the first place

Kalahari Inkantation

QuoteIn addition, DUALSHOCK®4 will come with a built-in speaker and stereo headset jack, enabling PS4 users to enjoy high-fidelity sound effects of games from both the TV and also from the controller.

unbelievable lol

Hiro

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 20, 2013, 07:26:25 PM
this is what i feared

junk gpu and cpu to compensate for the ram price which totally defeats the purpose of having all that ram in the first place
well that was pretty high-end graphics hardware in 2008, plus the graphics on consoles get optimized a ton compared to what they can do on a PC. I think the 360's graphics hardware is something like you'd find in a PC in 2003 or something along those lines.
Plus the RAM this time isn't being used just for the games. It'll be really helpful when streaming games, demos, sharing gameplay videos, keeping the system on standby mode, and just overall running a more fluid and integrated UI where you can jump between different things quickly.

Samus Aran

Hiro

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 20, 2013, 07:30:55 PM
unbelievable lol
why lol
at least I'll be able to plug my headphones into the controller when I'm playing UNCH4RTED with you guys at night

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 20, 2013, 07:41:57 PM
LMAO WOW

INVITED ALL THOSE INVESTORS JUST FOR THEM TO SPIT IN KAZ'S FACE

ew no thanks

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snack Dad on February 20, 2013, 07:31:52 PM
well that was pretty high-end graphics hardware in 2008, plus the graphics on consoles get optimized a ton compared to what they can do on a PC. I think the 360's graphics hardware is something like you'd find in a PC in 2003 or something along those lines.
Plus the RAM this time isn't being used just for the games. It'll be really helpful when streaming games, demos, sharing gameplay videos, keeping the system on standby mode, and just overall running a more fluid and integrated UI where you can jump between different things quickly.

2003 was just two years before the 360, 2008 was five years ago smithicide;

Hiro

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 20, 2013, 07:42:51 PM
2003 was just two years before the 360, 2008 was five years ago smithicide;
true, but it seems like graphical power has been slowing down lately anyways

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Rain Man on February 20, 2013, 07:52:03 PM
i think he means kaz as in kazuo hirai

my goodness, you may be right! how silly of me!  O_0

O_0