May 06, 2024, 12:10:53 AM

1,531,621 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

S-sony new console extravaganza

Started by ME##, February 19, 2013, 04:31:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

one hour until the japanese economy is completely ruined smithicide;

Hiro

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Snowy

They're holding all the video games hostage

ME##

it's not bad.  but whatever the hell media molecule showed was horrible and destiny [which we pretty much already knew about coming to the ps4 due to the timing of its release and bungie's ten-year plan for it] is really the only highlight.  smithicide;

it seems like sony just wanted to show people first before microsoft could.  [spoiler]which i'll say at least this was better than microsoft's hilarious mtv 'special' to present the xbox 360 before e3 2005.  [/spoiler]

don't let's

Holiday 2013

looks like they're really rushing to get this thing out the door.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 19, 2013, 05:14:08 PM
what i actually expect:

-retains numbered ps4 name (perhaps with a subtitle???)
-backwards-compatible with ps1 discs, but not ps2 or ps3 discs at all, meaning all disc games will need to be repurchased
-loss of many currently free features of psn to ps+, only the most fundamental aspects of online play remain free to all such that the 'real' experience requires a ps+ subscription anyway
-we will indeed see wii u-esque vita gimmicks which will quickly be forgotten about
-updated pseye comparable to kinect, will hopefully flop in a similar manner

all confirmed, and those that haven't been confirmed (mainly price) haven't been discussed at all yet

ME##

tec, at least according to wiki, it's actually not even compatible with ps1 discs goowan

Kalahari Inkantation

Hiro

Hiro

look at all the weird curves myface;
also it looks like the start/select buttons are completely gone and replaced with "share" and what looks like "options" to me

ME##

to use what would be the old start button, use one finger swipe from the left to right.  for select, use two fingers in the same motion. 

Kalahari Inkantation

considering what the start button is usually used for, i think 'options' is a more fitting title anyway lol

Go Up