April 19, 2024, 03:43:41 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

music listening system

Started by strongbad, January 14, 2013, 10:13:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

just curious how you guys go about listening to music and stuff. it's interesting to hear the different programs and players that people use. also feel free to add why you use anything in particular or if you are looking for something different and why

I use foobar2000 for software. I like that it's super lightweight, customizable (although I haven't really found a theme besides the default one that I liked and I would like to see if anybody else is using anything interesting). I also like that I can use it with last.fm and my sansa clip zip (which i haven't received yet, but I loved how it worked with my sansa clip + when I still had it.

i just ordered a sansa clip zip to replace my phone (and my 3rd gen ipod classic, lol) for my portable device. i loved my clip + and am excited for this one. 4gb with room for my 16gb microsd is ideal for a portable device. i'll probably put rockbox on it since the stock firmware is nothing special (and i can use last.fm with rockbox)

for headphones i have a pair of sennheiser hd595s which i very much like. they aren't great portable use since they're huge and i am worried that they would break or something so i tend to use $20 earbuds from target for exercising or walking around campus and whatnot. i'm in the market for better earbuds (durable, good sound quality, under $50 ideally) if anybody has any suggestions

i also have an ~$80 audiotechnica record player that i like but i don't really listen to enough records for it to be a big deal. the novelty is nice though and it's nice to play records when i have people over.

Samus Aran

audio-technica makes good turntables, i'm looking into getting a turntable myself atm and A-T is up there in my likely choices

personally atm i just use my old stereo, which is pretty small, for cds. and my computer with iTunes for digital stuff. grado prestige headphones.

i'd use foobar if they'd make an os x version of it.

strongbad

Quote from: May on January 14, 2013, 10:21:40 PM
audio-technica makes good turntables, i'm looking into getting a turntable myself atm and A-T is up there in my likely choices

i have this one
http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-LP60-Automatic-Driven-Turntable/dp/B002GYTPAE/ref=pd_cp_e_0
i don't really know what to compare it to but i really like it. from the research i did it seems like one of the best record players under $200.

silvertone

i have some zenith player that i trash picked from my church. it rules. and is big and looks like the 80s

i use itunes on my computer and listen to lots of radio when driving.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

January 14, 2013, 11:03:38 PM #4 Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:04:15 PM by Boognish-Redux-
I have the 'ol 160gb ipod classic and itunes.

Mando Pandango

I don't have enough space on my hard drive for music so I use Spotify which gets the job done well enough, though I can't fix any tagging errors in the program's database. I have a pair of etymotic hf5 earbuds which sound really nice, given their price range. I live at home still so there's no point in investing in an actual speaker set up at the moment, though I'd really like to get a turntable and start a vinyl collection like ASAP.

Also, the use of Spotify kind of limits my mobile options, and drains the hell out of my phone's batteries, which sucks.

OH WELL, it works well enough for me at the moment.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

don't let's

I just use WMP or spotify (and sometimes Zune) on my computer, and I use my phone a lot now with google play music with just some earbuds or some portable speakers. And sometimes my Zune mp3 player. And I listen to CDs in the car.

snoorkel

i iusually just use the radio in the car

itunes on my pc with some of it on my phone. the rest i stream when possible to the phone with google music

i also have a Technics SL-1200 mk2 (only 1 :'() with some decent floor speakers and a Rockin harman kardon receiver in my living room for *easy lsitening* and rare groove vinyls.

strongbad

if i had a data plan i'd use google music. it looks nice.

??????

i have a cracked 5gen ipod that's very fat and heavy and a taped pair of headphones with the left side wrapped in rubberbands and tape because i once sat on it on accident and snapped it off

for the computer, i usually just stream off youtube because i like that mysterious youtube 128 bitrate sound

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: ilovesloths on January 15, 2013, 03:37:51 PM
if i had a data plan i'd use google music. it looks nice.

I don't know how I'd feel about uploading my entire music library to google.

PLEASEHELP1991

i use spotify as my main music player
I love [you]

strongbad

Quote from: Boognish-Redux- on January 15, 2013, 06:56:50 PM
I don't know how I'd feel about uploading my entire music library to google.

what's wrong with it?

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Clucky on January 15, 2013, 03:57:35 PM
for the computer, i usually just stream off youtube because i like that mysterious youtube 128 bitrate sound
you're a bad person
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

don't let's

Is it all illegally obtained?

Oh, and apparently they added a music matching service for the US not too long ago.

Go Up