June 03, 2024, 09:36:20 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

Snowy

Speaking of Starmie, I think I still have the Starmie I got at the Pokemon Center a few years ago goowan

don't let's

YPrrrr

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 07, 2013, 05:14:57 PM
keep in mind that azumarill also has "huge power" ability raising its attack stat to ridiculous levels
well if 100 is ridiculous  n_u

Klefki also has prankster so it's guaranteed to be annoying like whimsicott with better defensive typing. Would make an okay lead

Samus Aran

there's a popular video going around right now of a klefki partial sweep and everyone's like "wow klefki is so good" but actually it just got really lucky because its swagger risk actually paid off

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 07, 2013, 07:30:24 PM
there's a popular video going around right now of a klefki partial sweep and everyone's like "wow klefki is so good" but actually it just got really lucky because its swagger risk actually paid off
i've seen klefki using thunder wave, spikes, foul play, substitute to death
I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: NotFelt on November 07, 2013, 07:04:05 PM
i saved before using rare candies and evolved staryu as a test
apparently evolving staryu to starmie means i lose access to any skipped moves it could have learned if it were staryu at the move re-learner

hm

well, honestly the only one really worth it that starmie can't relearn, imo, is hydro pump anyway. so level staryu up if you want hydro pump. the risk of missing is often very well worth it. i'm just sort of paranoid about it.

but type reflect is pretty useless i think. firstly, it means probably giving up your STABs after switching types, in almost every case except maybe gaining STAB thunderbolt against an electric pokemon. secondly, if you consider what kind of pokemon are probably going to switch-in on starmie, namely special walls and ghost-type spinblockers. all things considered, these pokemon probably have easy ways of eliminating starmie via physical coverage moves that hit it for neutral damage, as long as they don't get outsped. starmie's not that hard to 2HKO for any pokemon with a healthy attack stat. and you just wasted a turn changing types, so even if you OHKO the opposing threat afterward, you just lost half your starmie's hp for no particular reason.

type reflect will only help at all if you're about to get hit by a STAB move from the opponent. and in the case of the all-too-common ghost-type switching in on starmie, this actually just means that starmie just committed suicide (ghost weakness to ghost).

and, well, it's just a gimmicky move that would only very rarely prove to be remotely useful. starmie's better off hitting hard with its stabs and coverage moves and using rapid spin. its speed owes itself to this role.

Samus Aran

Quote from: NotFelt on November 07, 2013, 07:42:24 PM
i've seen klefki using thunder wave, spikes, foul play, substitute to death

yeah klefki's a good spikes user i think

the klefki in said video set up a substitute first, then used swagger (while the opponent used swords dance), then used thunder wave, and watched the opponent mostly kill itself. klefki did finish it off with foul play, though.

more or less the same for the second opponent.

PLEASEHELP1991

grinding in the battle institute is so much better than grinding at the battle maison at first
i average 7 BP per every five battles, sometimes i get 11 BP
i finally got enough BP to evolve sneasel into weavile
I love [you]

Samus Aran

oh, you get bp at the battle institute too? i haven't checked that place out at all.

all i've done with bp is grind enough at the maison to get the bracer items for ev training

PLEASEHELP1991

i can't get past battle 11 at the battle maison
i think i'm just going to use a strategy i found on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1ptvov/guide_how_to_get_long_streaks_at_the_battle_maison/
I love [you]

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: steal on November 08, 2013, 01:25:44 PM
i've awakened from post-coma in search of friend safaris. Mine has frogadier in it if that tickles your fancy, i know how people go nuts for protean froakie. my friend code is 3110 4463 8919 plz message me when you add me
it says your friend code is invalid
I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: steal on November 08, 2013, 01:25:44 PM
i've awakened from post-coma in search of friend safaris. Mine has frogadier in it if that tickles your fancy, i know how people go nuts for protean froakie. my friend code is 3110 4463 8919 plz message me when you add me

aw hell yes hell yes i want that protean froakie, i will add you right now and send you a pm

edit: lol invalid friend code

Quote from: NotFelt on November 08, 2013, 01:26:01 PM
i can't get past battle 11 at the battle maison
i think i'm just going to use a strategy i found on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1ptvov/guide_how_to_get_long_streaks_at_the_battle_maison/

that's a very good strategy lol. not too dissimilar from the one i'd imagined using, either (i also thought baton pass would probably help with battle maison a lot)

i didn't think of using truant + entrainment though. do battle maison AIs not bother switching out? any human player afflicted with truant entrainment would just switch out. granted, it's still a viable strategy with humans but probably not a great one. if the AI doesn't switch out though, truant thus effectively kills them.

Samus Aran

Quote from: steal on November 08, 2013, 01:36:00 PM
the code is actually 3110 4463 8918 woops lol fat fingers

2337-4224-9365 is mine. my friend safari is, i believe, sneasel, beartic, and dewgong.

you should probably go to the first page of the psn/xbla/nintenndo network/friend code thread and just add all the boyagers there, and then post yours in the thread too (add it to the list on front + make a post about it at the end)

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: steal on November 08, 2013, 01:47:31 PM
has anyone else had any luck finding shinies in the friend safari? i found 2 in one day (oddish and phanphy) and i've literally never encountered a shiny pokemon before in 15 years of playing pokemon, so either i got obscenely lucky or they vastly improved the odds of finding shinies within the friend safari. or both.
i've only found one shiny in the friend safari so far
I love [you]

Samus Aran

i found a shiny just out in the wild normally (hawlucha), first time i've ever found one

blu has found apparently three this way

everyone's saying that the normal rate must've been increased this gen, and there are tons of rumors about how to improve it...some people are saying tipping people helps

i'm just gonna hold my breath about it until serebii's got official information on it n_u

Go Up