October 05, 2024, 11:39:07 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 07, 2013, 02:13:37 PM
why would it matter if the foreign ditto is a specific nature

make a baby pokemon of the desired nature using other means, then everstone the baby to preserve its nature when breeding with any foreign ditto (or foreign egg group pokemon if said baby is female)

you'll still always get babies of the desired nature that way, the ditto's nature won't enter into it

is there a move you want at lvl 50 that it learns before evolving or something

i know it has access to scald in later levels but that's about it for useful staryu level-up moves that i can think of that starmie can't learn via re-learner anyway (rapid spin, recover)
type reflect is basically conversion from gen i but that's at level 40
also power gem at level 43
would starmie be able to learn hydro pump from the move re-learner if i wanted to teach it later? i'll just go with surf for now
I love [you]

Samus Aran

mmm, no i don't think starmie can re-learn hydro pump, i forgot about that.

i tend to prefer surf myself just because accuracy is important to me, but at least having the option to re-learn hydro pump, even if you don't take it, would be pretty valuable

so i guess by all means level it up and pass by all the moves you might want later

however i can't see power gem being all that useful lol. it can crush bug types, but for flying coverage ice beam is already there as a tm.

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 07, 2013, 03:11:35 PM
mmm, no i don't think starmie can re-learn hydro pump, i forgot about that.

i tend to prefer surf myself just because accuracy is important to me, but at least having the option to re-learn hydro pump, even if you don't take it, would be pretty valuable

so i guess by all means level it up and pass by all the moves you might want later

however i can't see power gem being all that useful lol. it can crush bug types, but for flying coverage ice beam is already there as a tm.
yeah the only major bug types out there are heracross and scizor and volcarona and two of those aren't weak to rock
I love [you]

Samus Aran

plus heracross is more easily taken out via neutral damage psychic/psyshock (dont remember if heracross has weaker def or spdef)

volcarona is really the only situation where starmie would benefit from power gem lol

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 07, 2013, 04:58:46 PM
plus heracross is more easily taken out via neutral damage psychic/psyshock (dont remember if heracross has weaker def or spdef)

volcarona is really the only situation where starmie would benefit from power gem lol
but it has STAB hydro pump or surf so no worries anyway
I love [you]

PLEASEHELP1991

if only starmie could learn a special fighting type move then it would be awesome to take out dark types
despite having no hands of any sort
it does have signal beam to take out dark and grass types however but that is a move tutor move
I love [you]

Samus Aran

except for dark types running sucker punch, of course

hell, any pokemon running sucker punch that doesn't suck lol

PLEASEHELP1991

i'm having a hard time choosing between klefki, azumarill, florges or sylveon as my fairy type for my battle team
sylveon can double screen unlike florges but has lower stats overall than florges, klefki has prankster, and azumarill has a decent physical fairy move
klefki can priority thunder wave with prankster and then use foul play
I love [you]

Samus Aran

keep in mind that azumarill also has "huge power" ability raising its attack stat to ridiculous levels

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 07, 2013, 05:14:57 PM
keep in mind that azumarill also has "huge power" ability raising its attack stat to ridiculous levels
do you think any of the above choices are viable other than azumarill
I love [you]

Snowy

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: NotFelt on November 07, 2013, 05:18:03 PM
do you think any of the above choices are viable other than azumarill

all i know about klefki is that it has access to moves that let it become a huge annoyance. swagger (dangerous though i dont recommend using it lol), thunder wave, spikes. and obviously substitute but that goes without saying.

idk anything about sylveon really other than that its stats are pretty much just like umbrion's, so it can take a good amount of special punishment and laugh it off but it's not some amazing special wall or anything. she seemed pretty good at first glance though but idk, i dont remember much about her. and i cant look her up atm either.

PLEASEHELP1991

i saved before using rare candies and evolved staryu as a test
apparently evolving staryu to starmie means i lose access to any skipped moves it could have learned if it were staryu at the move re-learner
I love [you]

Go Up