September 30, 2024, 02:23:45 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

Samus Aran

Patrick Stickles

i saw the thing about RNG manipulation but idk, it's so easy to breed good mons without it this gen, i don't see why you wouldn't just go legit with it
What the fuck was it for anyway?

PLEASEHELP1991

November 05, 2013, 09:26:59 AM #1352 Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:20:47 AM by NotFelt
Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 04, 2013, 10:08:26 PM
fuck rng manipulation
i think it's just as much work as doing it legit though
it helps though if you mark which IVs are max in the summary screen so you can search the PC for which pokemon have the IVs you need
Quote from: Patrick Stickles on November 05, 2013, 07:28:57 AM
i saw the thing about RNG manipulation but idk, it's so easy to breed good mons without it this gen, i don't see why you wouldn't just go legit with it
without rng manipulation, the chance of getting a 5 IV from two four IV pokemon with different imperfect stats with destiny knot would be ~1/24
i had no need for a sp. atk max IV on sneasel since it primarily needs attack and speed
I love [you]

Patrick Stickles

1/24 is a pretty likely chance if you ask me, especially considering how many eggs you're getting
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Snowy

Wait, how do you do that RNG manipulation?

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Snowy on November 05, 2013, 10:37:51 AM
Wait, how do you do that RNG manipulation?
[spoiler][/spoiler]
this graphic explains it well
I love [you]

Samus Aran

it's unfortunate that breeding a perfect iv staryu more or less requires access to a ditto friend safari, and catching a ton of same-natured dittos with different maxed ivs

since staryu can only breed with ditto due to no gender

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 05, 2013, 03:54:05 PM
it's unfortunate that breeding a perfect iv staryu more or less requires access to a ditto friend safari, and catching a ton of same-natured dittos with different maxed ivs

what nature do you want for ditto? i can help
synchronize helps a lot
I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: NotFelt on November 05, 2013, 04:00:35 PM
what nature do you want for ditto? i can help
synchronize helps a lot

you have access to a ditto friend safari? and yeah it does. i could easily just make a timid abra and find timid dittos that way in friend safari...if i had access to ditto in it to begin with.

at the moment, i need a bunch of timids

while i do have one timid, it has attack and defense maxed. even if i only went with two maxed ivs, these are not particularly good ones for staryu (well, defense is fine).

Samus Aran

the timid ditto i have passed its attack and defense maxed ivs to a baby staryu after literally only one try

so i'm already at a dead end and need timid dittos with different maxed ivs lol

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 05, 2013, 04:11:51 PM
you have access to a ditto friend safari? and yeah it does. i could easily just make a timid abra and find timid dittos that way in friend safari...if i had access to ditto in it to begin with.

at the moment, i need a bunch of timids

while i do have one timid, it has attack and defense maxed. even if i only went with two maxed ivs, these are not particularly good ones for staryu (well, defense is fine).
yes i do have a ditto friend safari. i'll go check if i have a timid kirlia with synchronize
I love [you]

bluaki

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on November 05, 2013, 03:54:05 PM

the dittos don't have to be same-natured

once you have a timid staryu, give it an everstone and get more timid staryu while giving destiny knot to the dittos

but it requires a lot more time or luck than gendered pokemon because you can't use 3 or 4 IV staryus as a second parent to replace ditto

PLEASEHELP1991

i'll just catch a lot of dittos for hell's sake
I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on November 05, 2013, 05:05:49 PM
the dittos don't have to be same-natured

once you have a timid staryu, give it an everstone and get more timid staryu while giving destiny knot to the dittos

but it requires a lot more time or luck than gendered pokemon because you can't use 3 or 4 IV staryus as a second parent to replace ditto

i was under the impression that ditto overrides the usual "either parent holding the everstone gives a one-hundred percent nature passing" thing. and that when breeding with ditto, you have to give the everstone to a natured ditto to be absolutely sure that it passes.

at least, that's what i'm pretty sure i read on bulbapedia at some point.

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Go Up