September 28, 2024, 08:38:39 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

Mando Pandango

I'm just realizing that with each new main entry in these Pokemon games, they need to have fully realized models and stats and entries and shit for every single fucking pokemon that exists, plus a whole other set for the ones with differences in appearance for gender. that's gotta be a shitload of information to cram onto those little cartridges.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Snowy

So from the looks of it, there's three sub-regions/areas in Kalos?

TooB

Quote from: YPR Classic on October 02, 2013, 07:59:11 PM
Wow all the starters are so... gross...

Fire is only semi-passable one to me. Also weird that chespin would be grass/fighting and greninja would be water/dark because I don't think we've seen them have any moves for those secondary types
the fox.... fennekin i think?.... is adorable as .... something cute

Mando Pandango

i don't really like Fennekin tbh. Or Chespin. Froakie rules though and I've always picked the water starter anyway so w/e
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

don't let's

I've always picked fire and generally liked the fire starters better, except I picked totodile and liked that one better for that gen

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Nyerp

silvertone

Quote from: Milla Maxwell on October 04, 2013, 10:39:27 AM
the fox.... fennekin i think?.... is adorable as .... something cute
nice

ME##

Quote from: Fuck on October 04, 2013, 01:14:51 PM
what a shitty font
the ui in general is awful for this pokemon

YPrrrr

So many awful looking pokemon... That barnacle pokemon looks like it has angry bird faces

Thank god for the pumpkin ghost, best of the bunch

Samus Aran

the two pumpkin ghost things, pumpkaboo and uhh whatever the other one is called, are not next to each other in the dex, so one doesn't evolve into the other

maybe they're alternate versions of one another available in only one version of the game or another??

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

bluaki

Quote from: Sir Popsicle the Sesquipedalian on October 04, 2013, 08:12:36 AM
I'm just realizing that with each new main entry in these Pokemon games, they need to have fully realized models and stats and entries and shit for every single fucking pokemon that exists, plus a whole other set for the ones with differences in appearance for gender. that's gotta be a shitload of information to cram onto those little cartridges.
Pokedex entries, height, weight, base stats, movesets, abilities, etc. can all fit in well below a kilobyte per pokemon
even being generous enough to give a full kilobyte, that's about 0.00001ďĽ... of the 3DS cart's capacity, which is a negligible amount compared to even other negligible data sizes like all NPC dialog text.

models, textures, animations, etc. take much more

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

don't let's

Quote from: YPR Classic on October 04, 2013, 02:17:22 PM
So many awful looking pokemon... That barnacle pokemon looks like it has angry bird faces

Thank god for the pumpkin ghost, best of the bunch
yes, I kept thinking pidgey or spearow when I first saw that

Go Up