September 28, 2024, 02:33:31 PM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

bluaki

Quote from: The Last MIB on August 17, 2013, 04:04:46 AM
red's hair in b2w2 is actually black

since that was the most recent depiction of him in game, (or so i think) i just thought it was now officially known that red actually has black hair

Oh, I just checked the sprites and it indeed is black in overworld and front sprites (in all those games), sharing the same palette color as his shirt sleeve.

But he has brown hair on sprites with higher hair detail, like backsprite and intro sprite, as well as all promotional art and 3D models. Although his Gen4/Gen5 appearances (excluding Brawl) don't have enough detail to feature a brown palette color, I'd say he still probably has brown hair.

6M69I69B9

August 18, 2013, 11:05:07 PM #301 Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:08:58 PM by The Last MIB
this weekend people got to play demos of pokemon x/y.  i could have covered but lol irl inconveniences.  in this one, the prof. is showing the mega evo process and gives you a mewdwo.  battling seems a bit more faster now

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkzyxaJMfqY
[/youtube]

Quote from: bluaki on August 17, 2013, 04:21:42 AM
Oh, I just checked the sprites and it indeed is black in overworld and front sprites (in all those games), sharing the same palette color as his shirt sleeve.

But he has brown hair on sprites with higher hair detail, like backsprite and intro sprite, as well as all promotional art and 3D models. Although his Gen4/Gen5 appearances (excluding Brawl) don't have enough detail to feature a brown palette color, I'd say he still probably has brown hair.
;_;
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ME##

is it just me or does the ui on the secondary screen look overly kiddy? :(

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: David on August 19, 2013, 01:25:50 PM
is it just me or does the ui on the secondary screen look overly kiddy? :(
with the choice of colors, yes you are right
I love [you]

Hiro

plus bubble shapes, why

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

bluaki

Quote from: Kefka on September 04, 2013, 07:38:05 AM
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

what the god
at first this sounded okay, but then
QuotePokémon Bank is a paid service, with an annual charge for usage.
myface;

The Pokemon Stadium games and Gamecube's Pokemon Box just store a ton of pokemon on a game save you have locally. Why can't they do something like that again? I'd even be fine with paying once to buy an app, but not with buying a subscription to a sevice that has no reason to be cloud-based.

It looks like this service is also required in order to transfer any Gen5 pokemon over. There is a free trial (which is possibly only available to people who buy the game soon after launch), so that gives enough chance to transfer everything over from the start if you want to.

And it's about time they started offering previous starter pokemon earlier in the game. Very few pokemon games offer previous starters at all and those that do require you to do something like complete the entire regional pokedex first.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

still dont know which to get

Wrench

Quote from: N o t S i d on September 06, 2013, 06:44:10 PM
still dont know which to get

There are 2 factors that determine what Pokemon game to get. One being the cover and the other being the version exclusives.

With that said, I was leaning towards Y, but now I'm not sure.

bluaki

There's a lot of new stuff today:

Full type matchup chart (in Japanese):
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Fairy's matchups in particular are:
defensively: resistant to fighting, bug, and dark, invulnerable to dragon, and weak to poison and steel
offensively: weak to fire, poison, and steel, super effective against fighting, dragon, and dark
I don't have time to check if any of the other matchups have changed

There's now form2 evolutions of all three new starters. Chespin's looks ridiculous, the other two are nice.
Mega Mewtwo actually has two different forms on X and Y. We saw the Y one before, the new X one gains the fighting-type.
Mega Garchomp
New fossil pokemon
A smug-looking psychic cat
A poodle

Wrench

Quote from: bluaki on September 11, 2013, 08:55:05 AM
There's a lot of new stuff today:

Full type matchup chart (in Japanese):
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Fairy's matchups in particular are:
defensively: resistant to fighting, bug, and dark, invulnerable to dragon, and weak to poison and steel
offensively: weak to fire, poison, and steel, super effective against fighting, dragon, and dark
I don't have time to check if any of the other matchups have changed

There's now form2 evolutions of all three new starters. Chespin's looks ridiculous, the other two are nice.
Mega Mewtwo actually has two different forms on X and Y. We saw the Y one before, the new X one gains the fighting-type.
Mega Garchomp
New fossil pokemon
A smug-looking psychic cat
A poodle

Chespin's evolution is HILARIOUS

Not a fan of baby Vulpix's evolution.

Frog's is pretty sweet though

YPrrrr

Man all the starter evolutions are really disappointing... Was sort ofhoping fennekin would remain a quadraped . Chespin looks like a chestnut... And stupid. All of them look like bad fan art that just makes bigger versions of the first forms without really changing anything or adding anything new.

But I really like the fossil pokemon at least, especially the longneck

Go Up