June 03, 2024, 08:19:50 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Pokémon X and Y

Started by bluaki, January 08, 2013, 09:05:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Whichhhhh

Pokemon X
8 (16%)
Pokemon Y
9 (18%)
Froakie
5 (10%)
Chespin
2 (4%)
Fennekin
10 (20%)
Bulbasaur
4 (8%)
Squirtle
6 (12%)
Charmander
6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Go Down

famy

i got a shiny steelix and then an onyx not too long after lol
also a shitty wurmple

Wrench

Working on breeding a shiny Cubchoo

MY JAP DITTO IS A SEX SLAVE

bluaki

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/23/4359568/pokemon-x-and-y-developer-roundtable-to-be-hosted-by-nintendo-at-e3

Since when has Pokemon ever had a presence at western events like E3? confuseddood;

Quote from: CM Wrench on May 23, 2013, 07:11:15 AM
Working on breeding a shiny Cubchoo

MY JAP DITTO IS A SEX SLAVE
Why Cubchoo of all things? Beartic's color change is rather minor.

bluaki

I wonder how the lack of 3DS emulators, save file editors, etc. will affect the competitive pokemon scene for X and Y. Maybe there will be another GTS sort of thing that people can intercept with network settings again, but until then, I guess everyone will either stick to transferred old pokemon or actually play the games legitimately.

Considering how easy it is to copy save data to/from an SD card, if they release the game digitally, it'll be easy to at least duplicate pokemon.

YPrrrr

May 23, 2013, 05:49:04 PM #199 Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:52:58 PM by YPR Classic
Quote from: bluaki on May 23, 2013, 01:46:24 PM
I wonder how the lack of 3DS emulators, save file editors, etc. will affect the competitive pokemon scene for X and Y. Maybe there will be another GTS sort of thing that people can intercept with network settings again, but until then, I guess everyone will either stick to transferred old pokemon or actually play the games legitimately.

Considering how easy it is to copy save data to/from an SD card, if they release the game digitally, it'll be easy to at least duplicate pokemon.
I would guess they'd just transfer over for old pokemon which don't get any significant changes

I kind of wish they'd just get rid of EV/IVs. Too much work and hardly anyone actually levels multiple pokemon to high levels with perfect stats. Becomes more a matter of which "trainer" has more time on their hands

bluaki

Quote from: YPR Classic on May 23, 2013, 05:49:04 PM
I would guess they'd just transfer over for old pokemon which don't get any significant changes

I kind of wish they'd just get rid of EV/IVs. Too much work and hardly anyone actually levels multiple pokemon to high levels with perfect stats. Becomes more a matter of which "trainer" has more time on their hands
I think IVs in particular are ridiculous, but EVs aren't nearly as bad, though I believe they should if kept actually be recognized by the game in a way that makes sense to players and be trainable in a more elegant/sensible way.

I personally avoid competitive battling so I don't really mess with either of them.

YPrrrr

Quote from: bluaki on May 23, 2013, 08:42:54 PM
I think IVs in particular are ridiculous, but EVs aren't nearly as bad, though I believe they should if kept actually be recognized by the game in a way that makes sense to players and be trainable in a more elegant/sensible way.

I personally avoid competitive battling so I don't really mess with either of them.
yeah the ivs really bother me. At least evs aren't luck. It would be really nice if you could track the evs in game instead of like on a sheet of paper

6M69I69B9

May 23, 2013, 11:49:38 PM #202 Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 11:55:57 PM by The Last MIB
Quote from: bluaki on May 23, 2013, 01:46:24 PM

W-well, I go on /vp/, and there are some people who think that some people are going to crack the 3DS soon, but I don't know- I hope not.  And about the GTS, I guess people will have control over the five previous generations- though I'm not too sure how it's going to be for the 6th generation.  I really would like to see how this generation will play out- because if everything goes as planned, then this will be the most "mysterious" generation in a long time since nobody can hack the games or something and release everything as soon as the games are released.  

I'd also like to see how different a generation of no cheating would be.  I mean, in every generation, there has always been ways to get 100x Rare Candy and etc. in-game- eventually coming to just editing or making your own PokĂ©mon on PokĂ©sav/PokĂ©gen.  I guess one thing would be that it'd take way more time to get the desired stats of a PokĂ©mon.  Then there's the possibility of hidden PokĂ©mon that won't be advertized or may never released.  (Like how The Key Items for the in-game events for Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkrai were never released in the U.S., at least legitimately.)  IV's will probably be hard to determine since there's no more PokĂ©check (Or I assume, anyway.) unless there's a change for them.  

I like how there's some people considering ditching PokĂ©mon X/Y and maybe generations past that because of the possibility of a new type.  Which seems pretty huge with the interpretations of a skit on PokĂ©mon Smash a few weeks ago- they showed a woman dressed in a Sylveon costume, and her doing things so that other people on the show guess what type it is.  Some people interpreted the skit with Sylveon being immune to Dragon, super effective against Ice, being affected by Poison- very unique type reactions, assuming that the interpretations are going on the right path, in which I kind of believe.  But GAMEFREAK sure can be...a tease...

Quote from: YPR Classic on May 23, 2013, 05:49:04 PM

I'd like for IV's to go, (Fuck breeding and deleting PokĂ©mon- all so repetitive as shit.) but EV's can stay.  Because there's flexibility in choosing how specifically you want your PokĂ©mon to be- a tank, a sweeper, a hybrid, or your own spread of EV's.  I like variety with stats of the same PokĂ©mon.  Without EV's, then it just relies on what nature (Way easier to retain than IV's will ever be, for now.) your PokĂ©mon is and what attacks it has- pretty bland, in my opinion.  And there are items that help the EV training, and even getting your PokĂ©mon caught with PokĂ©rus, which makes it faster by doubling the amount of EV's you get per battle.  I mean, it doesn't take too long to EV train.  (Probably an hour or so, from my experiences with the suggested EV training stuff I mentioned.)  Then with  PokĂ©mon Black 2 and PokĂ©mon White 2, there's Join Avenue, where there's shops and other stops that can help you with all of this, too, even leveling and breeding.  
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

bluaki

Quote from: The Last MIB on May 23, 2013, 11:49:38 PM
I'd also like to see how different a generation of no cheating would be.  I mean, in every generation, there has always been ways to get 100x Rare Candy and etc. in-game- eventually coming to just editing or making your own PokĂ©mon on PokĂ©sav/PokĂ©gen.  I guess one thing would be that it'd take way more time to get the desired stats of a PokĂ©mon.  Then there's the possibility of hidden PokĂ©mon that won't be advertized or may never released.  (Like how The Key Items for the in-game events for Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkrai were never released in the U.S., at least legitimately.)  IV's will probably be hard to determine since there's no more PokĂ©check (Or I assume, anyway.) unless there's a change for them. 
As of Gen 5 it's much easier to train pokemon up to higher levels than before and I'd expect that precedent to continue, so at least rare candies matter less than before.
In Gen 5, some of the event legendaries that we knew about since practically B/W release due to game rips weren't officially announced until much later. I think Genesect in particular wasn't officially announced until like last year and the others include Keldeo and Meloetta.

Quote from: The Last MIB on May 23, 2013, 11:49:38 PM
I like how there's some people considering ditching PokĂ©mon X/Y and maybe generations past that because of the possibility of a new type.  Which seems pretty huge with the interpretations of a skit on PokĂ©mon Smash a few weeks ago- they showed a woman dressed in a Sylveon costume, and her doing things so that other people on the show guess what type it is.  Some people interpreted the skit with Sylveon being immune to Dragon, super effective against Ice, being affected by Poison- very unique type reactions, assuming that the interpretations are going on the right path, in which I kind of believe.  But GAMEFREAK sure can be...a tease...
Why would a new type be reason to ditch Pokemon? confuseddood;
Pokemon always changes something major about the mechanics with every generation and I don't see how types are especially important in terms of staying the same. It's not like the current set of types is flawlessly balanced.

Pokemon Smash is ridiculous and that skit might not even be about type advantages; it could have just been showing a few types that Sylveon is not.

YPrrrr

If they made another type strong against Ice then Ice is almost complete garbage. Might just be better to stick ice attacks on water pokemon

Hippopo

Quote from: YPR Classic on May 24, 2013, 01:09:40 AM
If they made another type strong against Ice then Ice is almost complete garbage. Might just be better to stick ice attacks on water pokemon
BUT ICE IS IMMUNE TO HAIL!!1

I wish Ice was cooler

YPrrrr

6M69I69B9

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

PLEASEHELP1991

apparently it's super effective against dragon types
lmao
I love [you]

6M69I69B9

June 11, 2013, 01:13:01 PM #209 Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:21:23 PM by The Last MIB
PICS FROM E3:

N E W Pokémon

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]SKY BATTLES CONFIRMED and look at the see-through layer on haunter[/spoiler]
[spoiler]lol what [/spoiler]

Go Up