April 23, 2024, 04:07:39 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

i am anime noob

Started by strongbad, December 14, 2012, 10:03:54 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

i recently finished full metal and samurai champloo and i would like to watch some more animes

i've been thinking of starting darker than black mostly since it's on netflix

suggests pls

ME##

[spoiler=Code Geass]
Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 15, 2008, 06:54:30 AM
Yes, you all knew this thread was coming eventually, I just needed to finish the first part of the series (The second season, Code Geass: Lelouch Rebellion R2, I have only seen 3 episodes of.)

So let's get down to why you should be watching Code Geass, since this is not a review of the series I will avoid huge spoilers so you can watch the series and enjoy it as much as I have. If you are/have seen it, there is a bonus section near the end for my own opinons on the characters.

The Story

As told at the beginning of almost each episode:

"On August 10, 2010, a.t.b. (the Imperial calendar), the Holy Empire of Britannia overpowered Japanese forces and conquered the country with their new robotic weapons, the Knightmare Frames, in less than a month. In the aftermath of Britannia's invasion, Japan lost its freedom, its rights, and even its name, becoming Area 11 of the Britannian Empire. The Japanese people, renamed as "Elevens", are forced to survive in poor neighborhoods, while Britannians live in first-class settlements. Rebel elements persist, however, as pockets of Japanese organizations struggle against the Empire for the independence of Japan."

The story is every bit as intriguing as it seems. It follows the underdog of the war the Japanese people and specifically a young Brittanian boy who was the former prince until he was abandoned by the emperor, Lelouch Lemperague (He even adopted a false last name, Lamperague). Also, if you dislike Mecha, you should not shy away from this series. The emphasis on robots is not as grand as it may seem, the true heart of this series lies in the characters, which leads us into our next section.

The Characters

The main characters are Lelouch (Former Prince of Brittania who was abandoned by the royal family when his mother was assassinated and his sister became blinded and crippled by the incident that same night. Lelouch then adopted a fake name and was moved into a house far from the main city of Tokyo.

CC, pronounced as C 2 (see-two), she is a mysterious woman who meets Lelouch during her kidnapping where she gave Lelouch the power of Geass (Literally meaning, Power of the kings) She claims to not have any special relationship with lelouch beside the fact that they are intwined in a binding contract.

Shirley, she loves Lelouch and even calls him by his nickname, "Lulu". She is a member of his school's student counsel and is very shy. She rarely approaches lelouch because of her crush on him.

There are also various other key players, but by telling you about them I would have to spoil a couple of secrets, so I will refuse to do so.

Number of Episodes: 25 in the first season, currently 14, by the time I have posted this thread, in the second season.

Why should you be watching Code Geass: It's amazing, I have seen many many anime and alot of them fail to compare to Code Geass' level of complexity and greatness. You will instantly be hooked and fall in love with Lulu as I have.

Bonus Section
For those that have seen the series, here are my favorite characters:
[glow=black,2,300]
I love how Lelouch is so contradictory to himself. How he tries to prevent diseasters like Shinjuku from happening and yet he starts his own version of Shinjuku on a much larger scale during the Nippon creation ceremony.

My favorite characters (besides Lelouch, who can't love him <3)  are CC (obviously, lol. She is just so mysterious and interesting. And she claims not to be Lelouch's liaison yet she also has some sort of special feelings reserved for Lelouch, she will go as far as to kill herself to prevent Lelouch from harm, although she has to, she also wants to.) Shirley (I just love her character, how she loves Lelouch, yet is better torwad his true identity as zero) and Kallen (Such a great character design, kudos to CLAMP, and her reaction to Zero being Lelouch revealed that she has some feeling torward Lelouch that has yet to be revealed whether it is love, attraction, or total animosity that Lelouch had never told her he was zero.)
[/glow]

I hope to see many more Code Geass fans around here as it gets lonely without anyone to discuss it with.

[/spoiler]

don't let's

Speed Racer

[spoiler]Black Lagoon[/spoiler]

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Dopants

Sword art online

And bleach
Yeah i said it

Samus Aran

Feel free to ignore the above two posts.

If you liked Samurai Champloo, then you have to watch Cowboy Bebop. It's obligatory.

Dopants

Ignore the above post, you should start watching Gundam. Any of them.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Dopants on December 14, 2012, 12:18:21 PM

0079 is the preferred starting point unless you're a fag who "can't watch old anime"

Dopants

Quote from: May on December 14, 2012, 12:50:38 PM

0079 is the preferred starting point unless you're a fag who "can't watch old anime"

oh my god the other day my friend told me that SEED Destiny was implicitly superior to Wing because Destiny was newer

Samus Aran

Quote from: Dopants on December 14, 2012, 12:57:05 PM

oh my god the other day my friend told me that SEED Destiny was implicitly superior to Wing because Destiny was newer

your friend may be the only person i've ever known to even think that SEED Destiny is any good at all

although comparing two totally different AUs is kinda weird anyway

Dopants

Quote from: May on December 14, 2012, 12:59:27 PM

your friend may be the only person i've ever known to even think that SEED Destiny is any good at all

although comparing two totally different AUs is kinda weird anyway

my friend is really weird.
not like snowy weird, but close.

Snowy

Bible Black

I know who you're talking about

can we kill him

Dopants

Quote from: Snowy on December 14, 2012, 01:20:56 PM
Bible Black

I know who you're talking about

can we kill him

yes please thank you

Nyerp

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on December 14, 2012, 10:42:11 AM
[spoiler]Black Lagoon[/spoiler]

Quote from: May on December 14, 2012, 12:08:46 PM
If you liked Samurai Champloo, then you have to watch Cowboy Bebop. It's obligatory.

only actual recommendations so far, just so you know

Snowy

I think Gurren Lagann would be good to start on.

Go Up