March 28, 2024, 01:19:30 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

That wizard came from the Moon [Official Destiny]

Started by don't let's, November 27, 2012, 07:21:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on May 22, 2017, 08:09:02 AM[spoiler]and i unconditionally wait for sales baddood;[/spoiler]

my conditions are just really strict

for the vast majority of otherwise good games:

strengths > weaknesses insufficiently to justify launch price of game

therefore, i almost always wait, unless it's both great and either a special edition or expected to be rare or smth

YPrrrr

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on May 21, 2017, 04:27:48 AM
Quote from: Majorana's Mask on May 19, 2017, 03:20:48 PM
wait4reviews before even considering it
I mean unless you liked the first one

also
>still trusting reviews in 2017

I did that for FFXV and it was trash
same with Horizon Zero Dawn
How is Horizon Zero Dawn trash?

Kalahari Inkantation

don't let's

Quote from: Majorana's Mask on June 05, 2018, 07:40:30 AM
how do you feel about this game today, lote
I still liked it alright, it got better as the updates came out. Still didn't like the always online. It was nowhere near the hype. I only have internet on my phone so I didn't get to play it a lot or any of the multiplayer. I hadn't played it much after the first year because of my internet situation.

I haven't kept up with anything about Destiny 2 at all. But Ia week or two ago I did get it for $12($10 something because of a code) from humble bundle with their monthly sub thing. I just need to order a bigger hard drive so I can try and download it. I still only have phone internet though, but I have a bigger allotment.

Also, Halo was better. I think bungie really needed Microsoft cracking the whip on them. Either that or they really didn't need to team up with Activision. At least as far as the first one goes.

Overall I still had fun.

don't let's

And the pricing scheme for new content seems abysmal

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: donʼt letʼs on June 05, 2018, 02:43:55 PM
I only have internet on my phone

Out of curiosity, why? befuddlement

Also, Halo was better. I think bungie really needed Microsoft cracking the whip on them. Either that or they really didn't need to team up with Activision. At least as far as the first one goes.

srsly

and i personally think the blame lies entirely with bungie, i have no reason to believe activision is at fault here

even if activision deserves some of the blame, bungie should have and would have known exactly what to expect when contracting with them lol psyduck;

amazing, in separating from m$ft bungie killed both halo and its very own reputation lol

it's like accidental mutually assured destruction

Quote from: Snowy on June 09, 2018, 08:58:34 PM
[spoiler] I only paid $120 for everything at least sillydood;[/spoiler]

"only" goowan

don't let's

Quote from: Magyarorszag on June 21, 2018, 07:20:01 AM
I only have internet on my phone

Out of curiosity, why? befuddlement

srsly

and i personally think the blame lies entirely with bungie, i have no reason to believe activision is at fault here

even if activision deserves some of the blame, bungie should have and would have known exactly what to expect when contracting with them lol psyduck;

amazing, in separating from m$ft bungie killed both halo and its very own reputation lol

it's like accidental mutually assured destruction

Quote from: Snowy on June 09, 2018, 08:58:34 PM
[spoiler] I only paid $120 for everything at least sillydood;[/spoiler]

"only" goowan
mostly money. But I have an unlimited plan and a 20 gb hotspot. So it's alright. And I usually just tether my phone to my pc and it works alright.

C.Mongler

do people actually like these games or is it just a meme

i can't believe i got suckered into buying the second one, fuck my friends

YPrrrr

C.Mongler

Kalahari Inkantation

i was wondering the same thing myself

it's about 20 pages of increasingly nervous hype, about 5 pages of largely being shocked into silence by how little good there is to say about this game, or its sequel, or bungie itself, probably a cumulative total of about a page of me headbutting with dp

Quote from: Magyarorszag on September 12, 2014, 04:24:50 PM
i'm sorry for insulting your $60 dlc delivery vehicle dp

LOL and it's still true of both games

and then this last page of post-mortem on both the game and its thread lol

don't let's

To add on to this, Bungie had some really cool things in Halo that they built up and refined that didn't make the transition to Destiny I guess because they wanted to make an MMO lite game. Such as Theater mode, Forge, Custom games. 

don't let's

Go Up