April 20, 2024, 06:08:27 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

That wizard came from the Moon [Official Destiny]

Started by don't let's, November 27, 2012, 07:21:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

But really, why is it $40 by itself, but then the legendary edition which includes Destiny, the first 2 expansion packs, and this new thing is only $60?

ME##

Quote from: … on July 07, 2015, 08:36:56 PM
But really, why is it $40 by itself, but then the legendary edition which includes Destiny, the first 2 expansion packs, and this new thing is only $60?
my guess is that it's the only way bungie could stave off activision demanding it to be a yearly-released game.  or at least my very optimistic guess hope

how much content is being added?  also, how much have you enjoyed the overall game, lote

don't let's

Quote from: David on July 07, 2015, 08:40:52 PM
my guess is that it's the only way bungie could stave off activision demanding it to be a yearly-released game.  or at least my very optimistic guess hope

how much content is being added?  also, how much have you enjoyed the overall game, lote
Like I've said before, I haven't played it since about a month after it came out and I had just gotten to Mars when my xbox died. I also didn't really play any multiplayer and I would get disconnected if I got to close to people in patrol or wherever because of my horrible internet conditions. And sometimes had a hard time connecting to the tower.

But beyond all that, while it certainly didn't live up to the hype and expectations, I had fun playing what I did play. Who knows how long that would have lasted though since I didn't really get a chance to play it to death and wear it out.

Snowy

no one has any idea, but I know a lot of companies that make MMOs, when there's a major expansion release like this they offer the base game with the expansion at a premium price to help introduce new players to it too.

ME##

i think his gripe is more the pricing tiers lol

you can basically buy either for a very small premium over the base expansion pack

don't let's

Quote from: David on July 08, 2015, 08:36:10 AM
i think his gripe is more the pricing tiers lol

you can basically buy either for a very small premium over the base expansion pack
Yeah, I think the legendary edition is fine, especially for people that don't already own Destiny. And maybe for people that just own the base game, depending on how much content is in this new thing and how good it is. And it's a normal price for one of those goty/collected editions, but it just kinda screws things up when they release a collected edition with a new piece of content that's so high priced that they also include in it.

And if somebody already owns Destiny and the first two expansion packs it kinda feels like they're getting screwed over somewhat. Especially when they specifically say "hey if you already own all this content you can get this new thing for only $40" which is only $20 less than getting all the other content too.

Maybe if they had released the legendary edition next year I wouldn't feel as much like this. But I guess maybe they did it now so they can get the collected edition out of the way so they can put out Destiny 2 next year and since the new expansion requires the first two. (And maybe they're also hurting for new players?)

don't let's

I was wondering what they were going to do for new releases

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?t=18&v=5aXiBBIBaxY[/youtube]

lol, even nolan north can't save bungie's terrible writing

i wonder how many voice actors they'll have to cycle through before they realize that their problem is a bit deeper than stinklage

in any case, i hope they pick kiefer sutherl& next

Commander Fuckass

>Tec still thinks people who play Destiny care about the Story

LOL

Snowy

don't let's

Commander Fuckass

Go Up