April 16, 2024, 01:07:56 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by reeper, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 07, 2020, 05:37:28 AMI'm pretty obsessed with Japanese shoegaze, dream pop, and various related noisy blends of indie rock. and that obsession only seems to grow as i find more and more. lately been really enjoying Plastic Girl in Closet, My Dead Girlfriend, Bloodthirsty Butchers, Eastern Youth...

And of course my love for Mass of the Fermenting Dregs has only grown since December of last year when I discovered they actually got back together and dropped a new album in the summer of '18, which I somehow went a year and a half without finding out about.
damn I'm surprised I hadn't told you about that mass of the fermenting dregs album
I'll have to check out some of those bands though since I also love all the genres mentioned

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ikanaide

tried getting into kpop again, someone recommended me blackpink and BTS so i gave them a listen, namely blackpink's kill this love ep and BTS' new album BE. the blackpink was ok but pretty mediocre. the BTS album was a lot better than i expected considering they are the most mainstream kpop group right now, their album tracks are a lot more chill than their singles. still, i don't feel like i want to get any deeper into the genre for now...

listened to KAAN's new album Vivid Canvas and thought it was lit. i haven't listened to any rap in a while so it was pretty refreshing. first time i listened to any of his stuff, really nice instrumentals and lyricism honestly.

listened to a bunch of vocaloid music also on recommendation, namely these albums:
Utsu-P - Renaissance
Utsu-P - CD-R
R Sound Design - Quartia
maretu - SIU
Giga-P x Orebanana-P - Gigabanana the Best
NayutalieN - Nayutan Hoshi Kara no Buttai Y
Hatsune Miku Symphony Orchestra 2017

i think vocaloid music is a interesting genre because it's not really a genre but at the same time it kinda is idk it's hard to pinpoint. either way, some pretty diverse stuff. ones that stood out were renaissance, symphony orchestra, quartia but there weren't really any i disliked.

a bunch of other random albums i listened to:
sangatsu no phantasia - girl's blue, happy sad
mizuki ohira - in any way
minami - emotional water
after the rain - izanaware traveler
neko hacker - neko hacker
psyqui - your voice so...
chiaki mayumura - gisshiri haguki
chiaki mayumura - mejya mejya monjya
yuika koshimoto - kono koto, tada hitotsu

most of it didn't really stand out apart from gisshiri haguki for being just a really silly carefree album (gave me sort of polysics vibes, not the musical style but like the creative direction) and kono koto just cuz i think her voice is really nice for the style of music she sings. psyqui had some really hard electronic beats which i do jam to from time to time, but i don't think i was in the right headspace at the time of listening to really enjoy it that much.

ikanaide

listened to some david bowie for the first time. a friend was talking about how much he likes the album Outside so i gave it a listen. don't know how i feel about it really, might need to listen to more of his stuff to properly decide if i like it or not. when i first listen to a new artist with a unique voice i normally need a few listens just to get used to hearing their voice

also listened to this experimental/electronic compilation album https://akuphone.bandcamp.com/album/seit-in-the-beginning-woman-was-the-sun, basically just various sound textures for 40-ish minutes. honestly wasn't bad at all, some really interesting soundscapes in there and also one track that's just a legit house beat. can definitely think of times where i'd feel like listening to this kinda stuff

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i downloaded the weirdest mix of remain in light. it's so bizarre, it's like they turned the main band down but turned up all the auxiliary sounds/players. diggin it tho B)

YPrrrr

Does anyone else listen to Stan Rogers? Because he's pretty great

ME##

YPrrrr

I would not say that but another person could say that I do

icwydt

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: ikanaide on December 11, 2020, 05:01:38 PMlistened to some david bowie for the first time. a friend was talking about how much he likes the album Outside so i gave it a listen. don't know how i feel about it really, might need to listen to more of his stuff to properly decide if i like it or not. when i first listen to a new artist with a unique voice i normally need a few listens just to get used to hearing their voice

also listened to this experimental/electronic compilation album https://akuphone.bandcamp.com/album/seit-in-the-beginning-woman-was-the-sun, basically just various sound textures for 40-ish minutes. honestly wasn't bad at all, some really interesting soundscapes in there and also one track that's just a legit house beat. can definitely think of times where i'd feel like listening to this kinda stuff
thats an interesting one to start with. i really like bowie but ive mostly listened to his albums up to 1980 and then the final 2

ikanaide

lately i've just been putting my entire music library on album shuffle and just chilling out, there were a couple days maybe a week or so ago where i kept getting post-rock and honestly i had forgotten how much i love the genre. listened to lift your skinny fists for the first time in probably 3 or 4 years and while i still think it's a bit overrated i also forgot what a great piece of music it is, pretty good listen tbh. also listened to the korean band frenzy and taiwanese band sugar plum ferry, some of my favourites from back when i listened to post-rock a lot more. maybe i'll take a day out and revisit a bunch of this stuff at some point

Quote from: [hedy]Zidone on January 24, 2021, 05:38:07 PMthats an interesting one to start with. i really like bowie but ive mostly listened to his albums up to 1980 and then the final 2
honestly i haven't listened to anymore of him since i made that post but it'll probably happen at some point

6M69I69B9

i've been listening to amy winehouse on repeat for a while
can't believe i missed some bangers tbh

i remember when i was in outpatient rehab in high school, around that time rehab was still mainstream
was good coping music lol

miss her a bunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMO5Ko_77Hk

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

6M69I69B9

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on April 01, 2021, 09:24:40 PMi've been listening to amy winehouse on repeat for a while
can't believe i missed some bangers tbh

i remember when i was in outpatient rehab in high school, around that time rehab was still mainstream
was good coping music lol

miss her a bunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMO5Ko_77Hk

actually wanna add to this
https://vimeo.com/277422932

this is actually the most captivating performance she's ever made
soul is literally overflowing, unfortunately all of it is pain
really sad about her death even more now that i found this
the best version and saddest version of back to black
i recently got access to the 2015 doc of her
gonna give it a watch very soon

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

I listened to one and a half Weezer songs and now I'm the angriest I've been in a long time.

6M69I69B9

noooooooooooooo

notsid my kenny rogers post was supposed to be the debuted post in the lobby for another 6 months for this board

im RUINED

Go Up