January 16, 2019, 07:10:26 AM

1,534,687 Posts in 46,053 Topics by 1,039 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.


Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by reeper, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Go Down

Morning_Glory

April 18, 2007, 09:44:00 PM #30 Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:00:13 PM by Morning_Glory
Quote from: Kaz on April 18, 2007, 09:33:51 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 18, 2007, 09:00:00 PM
Quote from: Kaz on April 18, 2007, 06:57:59 PM
"The Rover" by Led Zeppelin

Such an underrated Zeppelin song, really. It's one of the best songs on Physical Graffiti if you ask me, and one of my favorite of their hard rock songs.

thumbup; keke;

You Wear It Well-Rod Stewart


I know, right? The Rover is just pure awesomeness. I believe it was originally planned to be an acoustic piece.

"Down by the Seaside" by Led Zeppelin

Another highly underrated tune. thumbup;

I'm glad they decided to change it then, it's a stomper alright. Anything on Physical Graffiti not titled "Kashmir" is pretty ignored, save maybe Trampled Underfoot.

Across The Universe-The Beatles

Oh, and check out what I found on Wikipedia: In 2006, Page attended the induction of Led Zeppelin to the UK Music Hall of Fame. During an interview for the BBC for said event, he expressed plans to record new material in 2007, saying "It's an album that I really need to get out of my system... there's a good album in there and it's ready to come out" and "Also there will be some Zeppelin things on the horizon".

Dunnop if that's new to you, but I'm hoping something will actually come out of it. I wish Pagey would just go ahead a release a shit load of live Zeppelin CDs. Of course, he's a perfectionist, so that may take forever.

reeper

Mordred's Song by Blind Guardian; I told myself I need to listen to them more until I like them  psyduck;

I never really liked them too much but their new CD is just awesome shlick;

steal

Quote from: cackslop on April 18, 2007, 06:56:29 PM
"Ghost of Perdition" By Opeth

Amazing progressive metal.
fap;

The Funeral Portrait - Opeth

Samus Aran

Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 18, 2007, 09:44:00 PM
Quote from: Kaz on April 18, 2007, 09:33:51 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 18, 2007, 09:00:00 PM
Quote from: Kaz on April 18, 2007, 06:57:59 PM
"The Rover" by Led Zeppelin

Such an underrated Zeppelin song, really. It's one of the best songs on Physical Graffiti if you ask me, and one of my favorite of their hard rock songs.

thumbup; keke;

You Wear It Well-Rod Stewart


I know, right? The Rover is just pure awesomeness. I believe it was originally planned to be an acoustic piece.

"Down by the Seaside" by Led Zeppelin

Another highly underrated tune. thumbup;

I'm glad they decided to change it then, it's a stomper alright. Anything on Physical Graffiti not titled "Kashmir" is pretty ignored, save maybe Trampled Underfoot.

Across The Universe-The Beatles

Oh, and check out what I found on Wikipedia: In 2006, Page attended the induction of Led Zeppelin to the UK Music Hall of Fame. During an interview for the BBC for said event, he expressed plans to record new material in 2007, saying "It's an album that I really need to get out of my system... there's a good album in there and it's ready to come out" and "Also there will be some Zeppelin things on the horizon".

Dunnop if that's new to you, but I'm hoping something will actually come out of it. I wish Pagey would just go ahead a release a shit load of live Zeppelin CDs. Of course, he's a perfectionist, so that may take forever.


Page doesn't currently have much of a solo career, does he? I mean, he's not really a vocalist kind of guy. I know Plant has solo work with backing bands, and they both have the whole Page and Plant thing...but yeah, I'd love to see what Page is hiding. I should also really try some of Plant's stuff outside of Zeppelin.  sweat;

Oh and yeah, Page is a real stick in the mud sometimes. I can understand not wanting to hand over rights for parodies and such, and I respect that, but he sure does enjoy taking his time on his work.

"The Ocean" by  Led Zeppelin

LCK

Leningrad - Billy Joel sweat;

I had to listen to it in History class today, so I thought "What the hell, I might as well listen to it again." And here I am now.

Listening to it.

flower;

Samus Aran


Placebo Headwound

"A Future Uncertain" -Nevermore

Any metal/whatever they're considered fan should seriously check these guys out. They kick ass.

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Kaz on April 19, 2007, 06:49:15 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 18, 2007, 09:44:00 PM
Quote from: Kaz on April 18, 2007, 09:33:51 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 18, 2007, 09:00:00 PM
Quote from: Kaz on April 18, 2007, 06:57:59 PM
"The Rover" by Led Zeppelin

Such an underrated Zeppelin song, really. It's one of the best songs on Physical Graffiti if you ask me, and one of my favorite of their hard rock songs.

thumbup; keke;

You Wear It Well-Rod Stewart


I know, right? The Rover is just pure awesomeness. I believe it was originally planned to be an acoustic piece.

"Down by the Seaside" by Led Zeppelin

Another highly underrated tune. thumbup;

I'm glad they decided to change it then, it's a stomper alright. Anything on Physical Graffiti not titled "Kashmir" is pretty ignored, save maybe Trampled Underfoot.

Across The Universe-The Beatles

Oh, and check out what I found on Wikipedia: In 2006, Page attended the induction of Led Zeppelin to the UK Music Hall of Fame. During an interview for the BBC for said event, he expressed plans to record new material in 2007, saying "It's an album that I really need to get out of my system... there's a good album in there and it's ready to come out" and "Also there will be some Zeppelin things on the horizon".

Dunnop if that's new to you, but I'm hoping something will actually come out of it. I wish Pagey would just go ahead a release a shit load of live Zeppelin CDs. Of course, he's a perfectionist, so that may take forever.


Page doesn't currently have much of a solo career, does he? I mean, he's not really a vocalist kind of guy. I know Plant has solo work with backing bands, and they both have the whole Page and Plant thing...but yeah, I'd love to see what Page is hiding. I should also really try some of Plant's stuff outside of Zeppelin.  sweat;

Oh and yeah, Page is a real stick in the mud sometimes. I can understand not wanting to hand over rights for parodies and such, and I respect that, but he sure does enjoy taking his time on his work.

"The Ocean" by  Led Zeppelin

Yeah, I didn't bother with Page's or Plant's solo work. I'll just use Zeppelin to remember their mastery of music.

He did take a while for How The West Was Won, combining bits to make a perfect show. It may take a while, but I'm sure it will be worth it. He's known for collecting Zeppelin bootlegs, especially the high quality silver pressings from Japan, so I'm sure he has plenty of concerts to work with. I'd love to hear a full audio release of Earls Court 75.

Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything A Season)-The Byrds

cackslop


Embrace Your Carnal Urges.

reeper

Quote from: steal on April 18, 2007, 10:18:34 PM
Quote from: cackslop on April 18, 2007, 06:56:29 PM
"Ghost of Perdition" By Opeth

Amazing progressive metal.
fap;

The Funeral Portrait - Opeth
Both of you need to listen to Mirrorthrone  wub;

cackslop

Quote from: xfollowthereaperx on April 20, 2007, 01:33:30 AM
Quote from: steal on April 18, 2007, 10:18:34 PM
Quote from: cackslop on April 18, 2007, 06:56:29 PM
"Ghost of Perdition" By Opeth

Amazing progressive metal.
fap;

The Funeral Portrait - Opeth
Both of you need to listen to Mirrorthrone  wub;
Good i'm guessing if you're comparing them to opeth?

Embrace Your Carnal Urges.

steal

Quote from: Thief888 on April 19, 2007, 10:11:50 PM
"A Future Uncertain" -Nevermore

Any metal/whatever they're considered fan should seriously check these guys out. They kick ass.
You should check out Communic, they're like a 'proggier' Nevermore, and they're way better.

Rosetta Stoned - Tool

Morning_Glory

Champagne Supernova (Live at Wembley Stadium 2000)-Oasis

Samus Aran


Morning_Glory

Only The Strongest Will Survive-Hurricane #1

Go Up