May 03, 2024, 12:26:28 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by reeper, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

silvertone

you mvoe the lil circles to a genre and time and it will show you a band. and this is what the 1920s/experimental combo comes up with

squirrelfriend

Quote from: SVT on May 05, 2016, 07:54:02 PM
you mvoe the lil circles to a genre and time and it will show you a band. and this is what the 1920s/experimental combo comes up with
i got metadata that i saw this b4 u
apparently one of blondie's songs was tagged 1920s apparently

silvertone

just bought some daryl hall album called sacred songs and i've dl'ed abandon lunchonette by hall and oates and man this is some good shit

C.Mongler

downloaded Car Seat Headrest's discog; GOOD SHIT

Samus Aran

car seat headrest is great. there's actually a csh show coming up in july that i'm not sure i'll be able to go to :(

C.Mongler

there was one two days ago here that i'm kicking myself for not going to. wahtever, dude's a leesburg VA OG so he plays DC like every 6 months (at least he did, not sure he will anymore now that he's certified pitchforkcore); hopefully i get another chance soon

Samus Aran

he's pitchforkcore? i didn't know he was already that well-known. i knew his latest album received more attention but i didn't know it was that much

i been listening to him since twin fantasy

C.Mongler

I consider anything that gets BNM to be Pitchforkcore, or at least transitioning into being Pitchforkcore; maybe my definition is just too lax ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯

silvertone

he 's the guy who makes those comix right

strongbad

i more or less restarted my digital music collection (which felt really good actually- my old one was full of mostly shit) and am checking out some stuff i never did but always meant to

aphex twin -syro
boards of canada - tomorrow's harvest
elliott smith -xo

tomorrow's harvest is the only one i'd never heard before (and my first BoC album) and i am really digging it. syro is really good and i think it is the non-ambient aphex twin album that i like the most. haven't checked out xo today but id like to get into elliott smith more so it'll come up i'm sure

C.Mongler

silvertone

nvm, the situatino has been clarified for me. the art and the music is done by 2 different people. for yeears i thought they were the same guy. just beebn mindfreeeeked. also i bought a bunch of stones albums and in the process of acquiring all the solo albums of the beetles as well as trying to grab as many sparks albums asp ossible

squirrelfriend

i'm listening to a hundred ropes - minor victories bcuz rachel goswell is the lead singer

strongbad

getting into DJ KRUSH since he's playing in bangkok next week

he is p dope

Go Up