June 27, 2024, 10:53:22 PM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by The artist formally known, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

NO I HAVE THE BIGEST COCK LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Vampire weekend is crimping Paul Simon's Style.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Alison Goldfrapp on May 25, 2013, 08:07:46 PM
Kaz, I'd have listened to Hooverphonic's A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular first because of its blend of dream pop melodies with trip-hop but BWPM is my 2nd favorite album from them.

unlike you, i don't automatically drool over anything remotely associated with dream pop lol

i think i'll manage

Samus Aran

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

also contra was great because it added this cool dimension to their songwriting. it was more refined yet still retained a great energy found on the first album. third album polished the second album but also made it boring. tho dianna young is a fun song.

ALSO kaz what did u think about fear of music

Hiro

Mando Pandango

sorry when i think of flood i still think of tmbg instead of boris
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

Quote from: N o t S i d on May 26, 2013, 09:03:12 PM

also contra was great because it added this cool dimension to their songwriting. it was more refined yet still retained a great energy found on the first album. third album polished the second album but also made it boring. tho dianna young is a fun song.

i thought contra made them sound like a borderline parody of themselves but to each their own i guess

Samus Aran

Quote from: N o t S i d on May 26, 2013, 09:03:12 PM

i thought you got Some Kind of Cadwallader doodhuh;

i actually haven't even heard the Fun EP myself, which is what you've got there of course

anyway Fear of Music was great, much much better than Speaking in Tongues

i'm kind of curious as to whether or not you're liking what you're hearing of Algycal though. didn't really expect anyone here other than Steal to care about emo/math-rock (that combo specifically, i know Popsi likes vanilla math-rock and others probably do too)

silvertone

Hiro

Quote from: Kaz on May 26, 2013, 11:13:17 PM
i thought you got Some Kind of Cadwallader doodhuh;

i actually haven't even heard the Fun EP myself, which is what you've got there of course

anyway Fear of Music was great, much much better than Speaking in Tongues

i'm kind of curious as to whether or not you're liking what you're hearing of Algycal though. didn't really expect anyone here other than Steal to care about emo/math-rock (that combo specifically, i know Popsi likes vanilla math-rock and others probably do too)
i ordered the record waiting for it in the mail.

I like it ok. I have difficulty discerning emo from math-rock, but my hometown had a pretty big emo scene so this is stuff that was floating around in my teen years. I like it ok, but only ever listened to the local bands.

I really liked that song horrors you posted on tumblr, so i figured i would give the album a listen. didn't really register the math rock stuff. i really dug that intro in the song. that ep was just something i found on spotify so i listened to a bit of it. will go backand try it after some kind of caddawaller

also im glad u liked fear of music!

Samus Aran

Quote from: N o t S i d on May 27, 2013, 12:19:56 AM
i ordered the record waiting for it in the mail.

I like it ok. I have difficulty discerning emo from math-rock, but my hometown had a pretty big emo scene so this is stuff that was floating around in my teen years. I like it ok, but only ever listened to the local bands.

I really liked that song horrors you posted on tumblr, so i figured i would give the album a listen. didn't really register the math rock stuff. i really dug that intro in the song. that ep was just something i found on spotify so i listened to a bit of it. will go backand try it after some kind of caddawaller

also im glad u liked fear of music!

oh nice yeah i bought the record too, they sell their lps for only $10 on their site so that's really neat

Go Up