September 25, 2024, 06:05:32 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by The artist formally known, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

kaz u r the first person ive seen to actually listen to yuck

how r they?

Hiro

i think it's pretty good, they're not amazing or anything and the album seems kind of short but it's pretty catchy and good
i listened to it a ton when it came out but i haven't listened to anything off it in a long time now

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snack Dad on April 15, 2013, 09:07:10 PM
what is that one with hannah montana lol

Dads - American Radass (this is important)

emo album i like a lot

Quote from: Snack Dad on April 15, 2013, 09:23:50 PM
i think it's pretty good, they're not amazing or anything and the album seems kind of short but it's pretty catchy and good
i listened to it a ton when it came out but i haven't listened to anything off it in a long time now

agreed, i thought it was too short, or maybe the songs were a bit undeveloped so they seemed short. nothing really had a lot of punch or anything, but it was all at least very well made and pretty fun to listen to. i'd say it's rather good, though probably needs multiple listens.

Hiro

Quote from: Madotsuki on April 15, 2013, 09:29:57 PM
Dads - American Radass (this is important)

emo album i like a lot
oh hey i've heard of that

famy

Socks

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Not Famy on April 16, 2013, 12:00:30 AM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

i didnt listen to music this week
2/2 +The La's, Stereophonics
I love [you]

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Hiro

Samus Aran

just downloaded and am currently listening to Giles Corey's s/t

sad music

Samus Aran

Boris - Präparat
California X - California X

Praparat is...well, I dunno. It's probably better than a lot of Boris's recent stuff, but in general it's a pretty weak album if you ask me. It kinda sounds like a lot of random ideas thrown together, some parts seem really out of place. Some moments have the band really coming back to its older, sludgier sound though, so that's nice. It's a decent album.

California X is surprisingly good. I'd say it's nothing special or unique, but I don't think these guys were too focused on doing anything new anyway. Pretty classic sounds. People are constantly comparing them to Dinosaur Jr., which isn't too far off. Good stuff.

Van Dyke Parks - Song Cycle\
Rough Guide to African Disco - compilation
Adventures in Afropea 3: Telling Stories to The Sea - compilation
Junip - s/t

Listening to Van Dyke Parks right now. The music is really interesting. If you took the singer from Parenthetical Girls and made her do "baroque pop". Like a precursor to Panda Bear? I think that might be an apt description. But like more all over the place than Panda Bear and VDP writes some damn good lyrics. Kind of overshadowed by Brian Wilson but VDP is phenomenal writer/composer in his own right.

Haven't listened to the two compilations yet.

Junip is Jose Gonzales with a backing band or something. It's his new (old?) band. Anyway, album is great. A perfect mix of acoustic elements and electronic music. Streamed it from Pitchfork a couple nights ago. great shit.

Samus Aran

i've only heard Junip's rather popular "Fields" album. it's pretty good, need to listen to it again to really get a full picture of it.

Quote from: Madotsuki on April 23, 2013, 01:54:29 PM
i've only heard Junip's rather popular "Fields" album. it's pretty good, need to listen to it again to really get a full picture of it.
I didn't even know they had another album.

Also listening to this African Disco album goddamn this shit is fucking awesome

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

Go Up