October 05, 2024, 12:28:19 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music - What have your ears been tasting recently?

Started by The artist formally known, April 16, 2007, 05:20:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: N o t S i d on December 03, 2012, 09:57:00 PM
kaz what do you think about Dirty Projectors?

well, i like Bitte Orca a lot

i haven't heard any of their other stuff but i've had Bitte Orca for a long time and always liked it

PLEASEHELP1991

I love [you]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Aigis on December 04, 2012, 02:05:50 PM
Quote from: N o t S i d on December 03, 2012, 09:57:00 PM
kaz what do you think about Dirty Projectors?

well, i like Bitte Orca a lot

i haven't heard any of their other stuff but i've had Bitte Orca for a long time and always liked it
Bitte Orca is a great album. Everything they've done before that is weird (Rise Above is a cover of a Black Flag album done without listening to the actual album, The Getty Address is a "glitch-opera" about Don Henley going on a spirit quest in the middle of the desert)

They put out an album this year called Swing Lo Magellan that is pretty good though some say its not as good as Bitte. I enjoyed the album though, kind of Dylanesque on some songs. I'd say jump to that one next. Iffin' ur keen on the DP's that is

me003

December 17, 2012, 10:07:07 PM #11853 Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:23:22 AM by Master Shake
http://soundcloud.com/fatjon35/to-love-instrumental-rebel

I love me some Fat Jon.
really wish we could embed soundcloud here.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

strongbad

World Psychedelic Classics 4 - Nobody Lives Forever: The Existential Soul of Tim Maia
Arthur Russell - Love is Overtaking Me
Lambchop - How I Quit Smoking
Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antartica
How to Dress Well - Total Loss

The Tim Maia album and the Arthur Russell compilation are probably my favorites out of this purchase. Maia - picture Brazilian Barry White who is in a cult. Arthur Russell was a classically trained cellist who studied Indian music in California then moved to NYC to establish a link between minimalist music and disco. Not sure how successful he was but the music he made was genius. The Lambchop album is really slow. Like good lord. Think like country-post rock. Haven't listened to it all the way through. The Modest Mouse album is great. Lives is probably my favorite track from that. How to Dress Well is kind of like "indie slow jamz" but they have prominent string arrangements on some songs and those are the best. The album is kind of sparse (instrument-wise) at the beginning, but it builds up at the end. I think it will grow on me.

lol

Mando Pandango

Yes- Fragile
It was on sale for 5 bux so i bought it

I'm feeling a light to a decent 7 on this
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Andria

Ariane Moffat: Ma and Tous Les Sens
Charlotte Gainsbourg: IRM and Stage Whisper
Coeur De Pirate: Blonde
Coralie Clement: Salles des pas perdus and Toystore
Krakesolv (missing all the special characters)- Tradnosting
Maria Due: Kissing in Public
Pierre Lapointe: Sentiments humains
Seahaven: Winter Forever
Siri Nilsen: Alle snakker sant
Susanne Sundfor: The Brothel and The Silicone Veil
f(x): hot summer
wonder girls: wonder world

Samus Aran

been downloading absolutely tons of albums because what.cd is on freeleech right now

silvertone

daydream nation
the benedictine monks of saint domingo de silos CHANTS
and  klezmer concertos and encores

strongbad

Quote from: May on December 23, 2012, 12:50:35 PM
been downloading absolutely tons of albums because what.cd is on freeleech right now

fuck you
fuck ratio watch
fuck my family's horrible uploading speeds which led to ratio watch

hey do you what.cd guys want to download an album for me? it's called Sweet Revenge 94 by Ryuichi Sakamoto. I c an't find that shit anywhere.

Samus Aran

there's sweet revenge as a studio album and sweet revenge live 94 which is a live album obv and you wanted the live one? cause that's what i'm getting for you

Samus Aran

oh gay they only have it in FLAC with like 1 seeder

PLEASEHELP1991

i'm listening to tracks from dead can dance's recent album
I love [you]

Go Up