April 23, 2024, 06:59:00 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

GRAND THEFT AUTO V LOWRIDERS HIT 20 OCTOBER

Started by Hiro, October 25, 2012, 02:53:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Nyerp

how is everyone not 1000% sick of sandbox games

ME##

Quote from: Tectite on November 08, 2012, 01:40:46 PM
>360 version one disc per protagonist and one for multiplayer[/spoiler]

those poor exboxers

Patrick Stickles

i haven't played any gta games or red dead so i think i'll probably get this

or should i get red dead idk
What the fuck was it for anyway?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on November 09, 2012, 02:22:52 PM

everyone should get red dead

ME##

Quote from: Tectite on November 09, 2012, 02:27:17 PM

[move]everyone should get red dead[/move]

srsly

SRSLY

Samus Aran

get red dead

Commander Fuckass

>3 protagonists

disgusting.
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Hiro

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/nov/12/grand-theft-auto-v-preview-gta-5

http://imgur.com/a/g2op5

QuoteHere is a list of things I've gathered of the recently released articles through other gatherings from members of GTAForums, big shoutout to those members (docrikowski, SMG):

Whole map will be open from the start, except some protected areas. (updated 5:11 AM 11/12/2012)
   The dynamic world of Red Dead Redemption was the starting point to create a living world in GTA V "Our goal is to surpass RDR", said Dan Houser.
   Prisons and Canyons
   Radio will be dynamic, in the sense that it will tell the weather and news as it comes
   Underwater world (and underwater caves) and diving equipment
   Houser said that missions similar to Taxi, Ambulance and Vigilante will be back, BUT "probably not identical to the ones in previous GTAs as they wouldn't fit in the 3 protagonists personalities, but the 3 protagonists will have odd jobs to do".
   About the 3 protagonists skills: Trevor will be the skilled helicopter pilot, Franklin the skilled driver and sniper, Michael the "smooth firefoxtor", skilled and versatile.
   The idea about creating Michael came from the question: "What would a typical GTA protagonist (that would typically aged around 25-35 years) ask after he's retired, and in his mid 40's?".... "Where's the action?"
   Franklin is looking for a mentor, and finds one in Mike after they meet during one of Franklin's repoman jobs.
   Trevor is an ex-military pilot.
   Trevor is made from the inspiration of the typical GTA player that only roams around the game creating havoc, death and destruction.
   According to Houser, missions types will vary among "big and small events, explosive, infiltration, super spectacular, family, invasion, hostage recovery, heists and robberies. Plus classic GTA missions but updated and improved."
   They played the same mission of GI, called "The Execution".
   Draw distance improved.
   No notice of popping in the scenery.
   Cover mechanics have been greatly improved and cover will be very important in the gameplay.
   About the economy, Houser says: "you will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun thingsā€¦ expensive toys. We are still working on the economy, but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something along the lines of ā€" 'I went through all of this to make all this money and now I'm going to spend it on this crazy item.'"
   Biggest selection of vehicles in any GTA game.
   Dynamic music in missions
   No COOP in SP.
   MP will be a huge part of the game and it will be very addictive.
   MP has been developed by a separated team and it will has been developed as something as important and full of content as SP.

COOP confirmed in MP

Less emphasis on killing

String of robberies as the focus, and not just banks

All three characters are motivated to rob for money, not 'for the fun of it'

There will be some times where the player will be forced to switch protags, but suggests that this is only for some missions where a specific skill set is required to complete the mission.

Protags that are living their normal lives when not on a mission can be found USING the Toilet

The zoom-out/zoom-in effect when changing Protags only happens when not on a mission. On mission it is different to this.

You can switch protags off-mission and eavesdrop the other protag without necessarily taking control. You can use the information you hear when eavesdropping to your advantage for when you do have control.

(5:28 AM 11/12/2012) Some more from GTAForums member, SMG:

Example mission is rescuing an informant from the IAA to be taken to the FIB
   This mission does not give forced-switch. Trevor will autopilot while Michael enjoys the view from the chopper if you switch. You have the option to climb the boring ladder for Franklin to get a good vantage point for the Sniper
   New Heli controls
   Controls for rappeling may be an ongoing ability, not just a cut-scene for this mission
   A female officer is heard threatening to sodomize a prisoner during an interrogation
   A circular menu with the faces of the three characters is displayed
   Franklin is ready to go with sniper, possibly pre-aimed and just have to fire the trigger. Michael (under AI) dies if Franklin does not take out two guards with the sniper
   Transition is quick - takes us back to the same moment in which we press the Switch button, but under the eyes and the situation in which the character is we have chosen to control

You can go Rambo and complete entire missions are one protag even though there are others in on the same mission

Euphoria engine/RAGE refined after GTA IV, RDR, MP3, Rockstar feeling more confident in bringing out it's full potential, the best iteration of the engine

Lip-sync to animations

Plenty of expensive things to spend your fortunes on once you succeed in making lots of money from missions. Not RPG style.

Cameo of someone from IV who is not a murderer

In-game music when not in a car

EDIT: (3:58 AM PST 11/12/2012) Here's a new one from the Guardian article:

"there is even a functioning ecosystem teeming with wildlife."

EDIT: (5:11 AM PST 11/12/2012) Some new stuff from the Multiplayer.it preview, provided by docrikowski and lefantome from GTAForums:

Alamo Sea is the name of the Salton Sea like area.
   Radial menu to select the 3 protagonists.
   The story's only goal is not a great finale reached by a linear storyline. Most of the missions are to prepare you to pass through some crucial twists in the storyline. There are 6 of this crucial moments that are played in 6 high quality missions. There will be multiple great finales that will depend on what you did previously in the game.
   25 hour storyline, along the lines of RDR.
   they say map is 3x RDR one on land and 5x RDR one if you include sea areas.

Commander Fuckass

so much hype for what is going to be a pretty mediocre title

Snowy

Quote from: Kefka on November 12, 2012, 08:02:26 AM
Resident Evil 6

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Snowy on November 12, 2012, 08:03:32 AM
Quote from: Kefka on November 12, 2012, 08:02:26 AM
Resident Evil 6
i said mediocre, not awful  doodthing;

Snowy

Hiro

also a graphics comparison to IV: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=532740

Character models and lighting are a lot better

ME##

the motion blur used in iv is horribly obnoxious in some of those shots befuddlement

[spoiler]also, since r*ckstar has been demoing the ps3 version, does that hopefully mean it's the lead platform? n_u[/spoiler]

Go Up