April 24, 2024, 06:47:39 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

GRAND THEFT AUTO V LOWRIDERS HIT 20 OCTOBER

Started by Hiro, October 25, 2012, 02:53:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Tectite on November 08, 2012, 10:18:21 AM
has there ever been a good game with many playable protagonists

the most recent example i can think of is... resident evil 6 myface;
Birth by Sleep did okay :O

Hiro

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

they couldn't even get me to care about one protagonist how are they going to get me to care about three

Hiro

Quote from: N o t S i d on November 08, 2012, 01:29:50 PM
they couldn't even get me to care about one protagonist how are they going to get me to care about three
because instead of trying to appeal to everyone they're each going to be more distinctive and appeal to different types of people
so you'll probably have a favorite and maybe even one you hate

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler=warning: shittaku]http://kotaku.com/5958949/rockstar-says-grand-theft-auto-v-is-bigger-than-red-dead-redemption-san-andreas-and-gtaiv-combined[/spoiler]

QuoteAccording to Rockstar, Grand Theft Auto V's Los Santos is bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto IV combined. Yep. There's wilderness, a military base, and even an ocean floor to explore underwater.

mite b cool befuddlement

QuoteYou can switch between the game's three main protagonists at "nearly any time."

really not sure how i feel about this awdood;

[spoiler]

>360 version one disc per protagonist and one for multiplayer[/spoiler]

Thyme

Quote from: Tectite on November 08, 2012, 10:18:21 AM
has there ever been a good game with many playable protagonists

the most recent example i can think of is... resident evil 6 myface;

[move]eternal darkness[/move]

Thyme

Hiro

Quote from: Tectite on November 08, 2012, 01:40:46 PM
[spoiler=warning: shittaku]http://kotaku.com/5958949/rockstar-says-grand-theft-auto-v-is-bigger-than-red-dead-redemption-san-andreas-and-gtaiv-combined[/spoiler]

QuoteAccording to Rockstar, Grand Theft Auto V's Los Santos is bigger than Red Dead Redemption, San Andreas, and Grand Theft Auto IV combined. Yep. There's wilderness, a military base, and even an ocean floor to explore underwater.

mite b cool befuddlement

QuoteYou can switch between the game's three main protagonists at "nearly any time."

really not sure how i feel about this awdood;

[spoiler]

>360 version one disc per protagonist and one for multiplayer[/spoiler]
read the goddamn primary source article scans I posted tec, not kotaku's spin on it  akudood; akudood; akudood; akudood; akudood;

Kalahari Inkantation

like i have the attention span for that goowan

Hiro

Quote from: Tectite on November 08, 2012, 02:42:16 PM
like i have the attention span for that goowan
fine, I'll summarize
when not playing as a protagonist, they do their own thing, so you can be thrown into some random event. each character has a specific style, set of traits, area, and general outlook in the game. some missions will be only one character, others all three, and others a combination of two characters.
planes very early in the game
Michael is the old guy, and he has a 20-year old stoner son, airheaded daughter, and bitchy wife. he is an ex-robber but avoided jail through a deal with the FIB. He lives in the beverly-hills type area
Trevor has a past with Michael, and is wild, loves drugs, very violent, etc. He's a war vet, lives out in the desert in a trailer, and has access to aircraft since he's an ex-pilot.
Franklin is the black guy, lives in the canal area, and is trying to make it big in the world.
minigames include yoga, jet-skiing, triathlons, base-jumping, tennis and a full golf game.
cars are tighter, less slippery and boat-like.
picking up a random gas can, pouring gas on a car and then a trail down the road, then pulling out a lighter and lighting the whole thing on fire
no property, but lots of "other stuff" to buy.
people won't call you nearly as much
random encounters like in rdr
pedestrians actually doing things like talking in groups, interacting with the environment, doing activities, etc.
huge draw distance
fully-mapped underwater areas for scuba diving
one mission shows them rappelling down a skyscraper, and seeing people working through the windows inside
in a convenience store, all of the objects on the shelves are individually mapped.
some gta iv characters may return

Hiro

Best screenshots:

(look at all the cars shown omg)

Hiro

THE MAP JUST LEAKED:

[spoiler]

lel[/spoiler]

NOA_Haunted

I'll just wait for GTA: Six  goowan

Go Up